Clutch, Gaskets, and more!

mUsh

Founding Member
Jan 2, 2002
Calgary, AB
Well I was driving the t-bird home from the wreckers on friday and my clutch went out (atleast that's what I thought). I managed to get 'er home starting in first. Since then I've dropped the transmission and removed the clutch and whatnot, The clutch still looks okay to me, but the pilot bearing was in pieces. Would having my pilot bearing go out on me cause me to not be able to get it in gear? The clutch surface looks okay but there are some gouges in it, it still looks pretty new to me. The pressure plate also looks okay, minor wear on the fingers but overall its alright. Im not sure if I should If I should just replace it all with new hardware or attempt to reuse. Also I've noticed my oil pan gasket is starting to leak at the little tang at the back so Im definately going to replace that, also my oil cooler lines are all leaking a bit too, so all those are being replaced as well. I figure I might as well re-do the rear main, input tranny seal, and turbo oil return line while I'm at it since its all out now. Anything else I should do while I'm in there? I need this car to last me a few more months before I pull the engine and scrap the body.

On a side note just to add to my frustration I spilt a beer on my laptop and really messed it up, unfortunately future shop doesnt cover liquid spills so it looks like I'm out $2500 on that one too. I swear one more thing goes wrong for me...

• Sponsors (?)