clutch issue maybe?

92stangg

Apr 2, 2005
ok this started the other day when i put it in reverse and start going back i would hear a screaching sound, i figured it might be my speedo gear cause i think the wrong one is in there (not enough teeth), so i didnt really think much of it cause it would only do it in reverse, then i would start to hear it when i pushed in the clutch to change gears so i brought it home and as i pulled in the driveway with the clutch in it would just screach the whole time the clutch was pushed in, no idea what it could be any ideas???

• Sponsors (?)

TOB might be worn or no grease left on it. if it only happens when you step on the clutch, something is worn and you should start shopping for a new clutch kit. is the clucth fully disengaging? maybe its slightly still making contact and slipping the littlest bit and screeching because of that. adjust your cable first, than take her out.

the clutch is fairly new along with everything else, the clutch graps fine and everything, but it just makes that bad sound when i step on the clutch, would adjusting the cable help any and is there a way to put some throwout bearing without taking the tranny out

this is a long shot but...i've never tried this, but maybe you could put some grease on a stick or something and go through the cable cover. just rub some on the fingers and the face of the bearing. Not a lot!!! you do NOT want grease finding its way on the clutch disc. i would check it out and see if it possible. let me know about that.

Mine did the same thing after I bought it. I ignored it for a couple days till it wouldnt go into gear. When I pulled the clutch all the throwout bearing ball bearings dropped to the ground and inside the bellhouse the top half became schrapnel. Usually its the other way aroung though. When you push the clutch in it should quiet down. How old is the pilot bearing?

pilot bearing is about a year old, along with the clutch and everythign else only have around 600 on the clutch.....ya before i did the clutch i would hear the click click from the throwout bearing and when you push on the clutch it would go away so i replaced it and everything has been fine until recently it basically screams at me when i have the clutch IN which scared me so hopefully it is the throwoutbearing

chobracobra said:
whoah! why not valeo? what happened to you? I think a valeo came with my ram clutch kit.
did you read the thread ....don't worry about it sometimes i type out loud....lol i have seen a few people have problems with them but i also see alot of people having problems with msd coils and i had to get one replaced and i still have one installed....but i don't think i would buy another msd coil and i would not buy a valeo throw out bearing just my opinion...everyone has one. this is mine...