clutch not disengaging

jammer84_03

Nov 30, 2003
i just installed a tremec 3550 in my car, i used the cobra r bellhousing, and a jegs clutch fork to get me by. i am using the stock flywheel but i bolted to it a dual centerforce clutch / pressureplate. when i started it up for the first time, with the clutch fully pressed to the floor, i coulnd put the car into gear, i adjusted the stock clutch adjuster but that didnt help. i was thinking of getting a aftermarket clutch adjuster set from either maximum motorsports or steeda is this the right way to go or should i look else where?

• Sponsors (?)

Definately want an aftermarket quadrant/adjuster setup. I just installed the UPR triple hook/extreme fwa and I can actually get my car into reverse without going into other gears first, and my shifts aren't sticky anymore. That stock piece is junk.

how much freeplay do you have in the pedal? if you have none and it still wont disengage, something is wrong.

does that set-up require using the stock clutch fork or a different one (for correct geometry and ratio)?

good luck.

also pull the clutch pedal to you hard or until you hear a click or something. do that a couple times and then step on it to the floor and repeat the steps 1 more time. it may need to adjust itself becuase you have that new clutch.