clutch quadrant question..what one is better

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
I have somehow got 2 sets here. I have the UPR quad and FW adjuster and I also have a Steeda quad and FW adjuster. I don't need 2 so I am going to sell one package but what one should I keep. The UPR is a 3 hook quad and the Steeda is a 2 hook. The steeda is used and the UPR is new.

Opinions please

• Sponsors (?)

UPR added a 3rd position to avoid problems with Steeda's Double Hook Quadrant.
IIRC the 3rd position cant even be used.

I installed the Steeda Quadrant and FWA. Took about an hour(1st time doing this). It works great and the pedal feels alot more solid. Also makes clutch adjustments a breeze. Like for everyday use I have it so the clutch engages about half way on the pedal. For racing I have it engage almost at the top of the pedal for quick shifts.

But in all honesty they are probably damn near identical. Also I dunno why Steeda anod their quadrant blue... you will never see it once its installed. lol

looks just like the steeda (surprise lol) just with a 3rd hook....making less area for the cable to touch

2240366_34_full.jpg

ive got a steeda quad, fwa, and cable. havent installed the fwa yet (lazy), but the quad and cable work real well. we'll see how long the cable lasts, but it was real easy to setup and hasnt stretched as far as i can tell since i put it in last spring.

i have a steeda 2 hook quad ( i think it is, may be FRPP) but the 2 hooks on mine are the 1st and 3rd hook on that blue one i dont have one in the middle. i'd use the 2 hook one, simpler and less ****ing around with it.

mine isnt like that, mine has the channel all down the quad.