cobra bumper and mach 1 chin

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the Mach 1 chin spoiler for my 2001 Cobra and it's now still in the box sitting in my garage. It does not fit; if you do put it on, it will not be flush with the wheel wells or if you move it back to flush with wheel wells it will sit under the front of your bumper about 1 inch.

It just isn't made for the Cobra bumbers.

tfritz said:
I bought the Mach 1 chin spoiler for my 2001 Cobra and it's now sitting in my garage. It does not fit, if you do put it on it will not be flush with the wheel wells or if you move it back to flush with wheel wells it will sit under the front of your bumper about 2 inches.

It just isn't made for the Cobra bumbers.
That's what it is like on GT's and Mach 1's.

It's either flush with the front bumper and not at the wheel wells. Or vise versa.

vipergts281 said:
That's what it is like on GT's and Mach 1's.

It's either flush with the front bumper and not at the wheel wells. Or vise versa.

I'm not sure about that, I've seen the Mach 1's recently at the dealerships and I did a close inspection of there chin spoiler. They where flush at both the wheel wells and the front bumper.

tfritz said:
I'm not sure about that, I've seen the Mach 1's recently at the dealerships and I did a close inspection of there chin spoiler. They where flush at both the wheel wells and the front bumper.
They should be flush at the wheel wells. But I am pretty certain not with the front bumper. It is only set back a tiny bit, but it is set back.

And if you saw one that wasn't, then I would say it is just because it is from the factory that way. Good luck trying to get it like that in your driveway.

vipergts281 said:
They should be flush at the wheel wells. But I am pretty certain not with the front bumper. It is only set back a tiny bit, but it is set back.

And if you saw one that wasn't, then I would say it is just because it is from the factory that way. Good luck trying to get it like that in your driveway.

Hmmm...yeah. I've given up on that project months ago when I held it up to my car and it didn't fit. Oh well, just have to deal with the ski tip look on the front...something that always bothered me about the '99- '01 models. :shrug:

chinspoilersized1.jpg