Cobra dying after speedcal install

MacDiesel

Feb 5, 2004
i recently installed a DM Speedcal on my 98 cobra, and every so often my car dies when i am slowing down. has anyone experienced this before, or know wat the problem is? my car ran fine before the install.

• Sponsors (?)

It may not be your speedcal. It is possible it is the IAC. Same thing was happening to my 98 it is like $60-$70 through Ford I am sure you can find it cheaper. Does the check engine light come on B4?

i had a problem before and thought it might be the IAC, but it ended up being something else. i dont think it is the IAC. it never did this before the Speedcal. i dont know if this may mean anything, but my car has sat for the most part about 2 months because my brother was in a bad car accident, so i was driving his car.

That happened to me too. So many things happen right around the same time that i dont remember what exactly fixed it right now. Does ur speedometer still work? check ur fuses. i'll try like hell to remember and get back to you ASAP. it's actually bothering me that my mind just went blank, but i'll post as soon as it hits me.

Check all your fuses under the hood...one of them controls the cigarette lighters...if that one is blown the speedcal isn't getting power...I forget why it stalls but its something about the computer not seeing the speed of the car or something...Also, make sure that the wire tap that you used to splice into the cig lighter wire cut through the insulation all the way and that the speedcal is actually getting power...

Is your speedo working?

I had the same thing happen when a penny fell into the console cig lighter and blew the fuse under the hood...