Cobra R Hood - After market or Ford Racing I can't decide

• Sponsors (?)

yellowstang1994 said:
I don't understand why everyone is saying you need to use hoodpins with cervinis hoods. They are one of the best aftermarket body parts companies to date. I work at a bodyshop and we've done many cervinis hoods before including a lot of my friends that have them. If you install them correct I don't see why they would fly up, unless someone put one on their car and installed it incorrectly. When you get your hood painted, just get the bodyshop to install it for you. So in the case you are worried about it flying up then it will be on their install and most shops that warranty their work will gladly fix the damages for you. Other than that, please don't boycot cervinis because a few people might of installed their hood incorrectly.

Your point well taken yellowstang because I've heard excellent reviews about the quality of their hoods. I've edited my response to also discuss Cervini's cost for the hood, which also influence me to go with Ford Racing part.

SorsCode said:
Reason why Ford Racing won't commit on telling you HO Fibertrends makes the hood because you can get it much cheaper thru the maker than Ford. I know the guys personally from HO Fibertrends.

You are probably 125% correct but I could not justify waiting 4 weeks for a $100 difference, which, when factoring in my time, would cost me more in the long run - time wise. I admit that sometimes I can be impatient but I've been putting my Cobra back together going on 2 years and this is the last piece of the puzzle. I was not going to let $100 stand in my way. Besides it's a good PR with my local speed shop because I constantly machine gun the Mustang guy with questions and issues and he fires right back with answers and technical help, which is worth the $100 to me. They are very helpful. I'm sure you've run into some A-whole who would not help you because you don't spend money at their shop. Hey just one man's opinion. I am very appreciative of all the help you guys provide. Thanks