CObra R wing. Need opinion

Newbie143

May 22, 2005
This is the new cobra R i installed on my 2004 GT . NOTE: the wing was not purchased ready it was self designed in a bodyshop.
what do you all think!?

Attachments

• 0017.JPG
    0017.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 168
  • 0018.JPG
    0018.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Sponsors (?)

well each to his/her own. If you like then thats all you need, however if you want opinions, well it just doesn't match in with the rest of the styling ethos of the car, and it never did on the Cobra R either.

Race cars (BTCC, GT and so on) only have them because they need them, but in most cases they still look pretty stupid too.

damn guys i asked for opinion Not insults LOL . anyways yah i been told it looks kinda high. It should be a bit shorter. will it look good then!?
P.S. please keep the RICE comments away.

Newbie143 said:
P.S. please keep the RICE comments away.
thats not easy, because it is very RICEY.

It serves no preactical use at all for road use, not even drag strip use, and is way over the top styling wise. But if you like OTT then thats fine. But it will never really match in with the car very well.

The C pillar on the sn95 body is a loverly sweeping curve, IMO the best part of the car visually, so to then add a sharp angled high raised wing goes against the lines of the car, the 03/4 Cobra spoiler/wing is probably the best I've seen as it playes on the lines of the car and is proportiaonal. It mearly extends the profile of the car instead of radically altering it.

Newbie143 said:
This is the new cobra R i installed on my 2004 GT . NOTE: the wing was not purchased ready it was self designed in a bodyshop.
what do you all think!?

The wing posts need to come inward by about 3" EACH, and drop the spoiler about 3-6". That thing is WAAAAAY to tall and wide. Looks terrible. You should have called up a company that sells the R wing and asked for their measurements

Why would you have a body shop make you one? Why not just buy one?

EDIT: Oh also, the wing does not sit all the way back on the trunk on the Cobra R. You need to move the wing foward about 3-4".

UDTBadkarma said:
The wing posts need to come inward by about 3" EACH, and drop the spoiler about 3-6". That thing is WAAAAAY to tall and wide. Looks terrible. You should have called up a company that sells the R wing and asked for their measurements

Why would you have a body shop make you one? Why not just buy one?

EDIT: Oh also, the wing does not sit all the way back on the trunk on the Cobra R. You need to move the wing foward about 3-4".
I am the one who designed it. They just did the pain job. The reason for this is: 1- cheaper. 2- didnt want to drill extra holes on trunk.
But ur right, it is kinda too tall. :)

I agree in thinking it doesn't suit the car at all..its to aggressive looking and if anything all that downforce will hurt performance...It looks odd even on the cobra R and it has all the aggressive body parts to go with it...I thin a 03/04 cobra spoiler would look clean on that car.. :shrug:

First off, ignore everyone that has been a prick about it. next, look at it from the back.... it is slightly wide, i'd say make it 2 inches narrower from each side, no more. it needs to be dropped down as said before maybe 3-4 inches. also, i would have angled the posts a bit more so the top of the post was a bit more inward compared to the bottom then what it currently is. final piece would be to angle the wing its self a bit more downward in the front.to give it an overall 20-30* angle. other then that i think it looks fairly good. i would not move it forward any, i think it looks solid where the mounting is. the side markers looks pretty good, my only thought with them is they look to symetrical. i personaly think they should be "slightly" more triangular being a bit small twards the front then the rear. but again, my personal thought.

overall it looks nice, good show to design it. take my thoughts with a grain of salt, its YOUR spoiler, do what YOU want.

Torinalth