Cobra Taillights

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
So I have noticed that there is a difference in 03-04 Cobra taillamps in that they have the 2 amber lenses instead of the usual 1. I am curious as to why so many people or from what I have gathered there is alot of people who want these. Is there any other reasons than cosmetics for these, what is a good price for them and how hard are they to come by? Thanks guys always good info on here.

• Sponsors (?)

As mentioned above, only the 99/01 Cobras have the amber turn lenses. I was actually dumb enough (well, truthfully I personally didn't pay for them) to buy them and install them on my old 01 GT. I paid a total of almost $500 including shipping for them. They are, by far, the most retarded "mod" that I've ever purchased :nonono:

You can kinda see them here
23su0yq.jpg

I have sequential lights on my current 02 GT that I bought from autotrix.com. They look 10x cooler and only cost me $50.

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THE COBRA LIGHTS!!!!

I have the sequential tail light kit from American muscle. I made a how-to on how to install them on youtube if you are interested in seeing how much work is required to put them in. If you are moderately good with a soldering iron (which, really, isn't needed) and don't mind splicing wires, then I definitely recommend the kit. The more I hear about people getting these kits for a lot less than what I paid (I paid $100) the more I realize I got ripped off. But oh well. They do look good

How do you like the sequentials from autotrix? I've been debating on picking up a set. Do you have the upgraded relay that make go faster?

I love them. I dont have the upgraded relay but I like the speed the way it is. I bought the splice-in kit and it beats having to spend a couple hundred bucks for other sequential kits on the market.