Cobra Won't Start!

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Just got it back from the shop last night and about 30 mins after I got home I went to put it in the garage and it would not start. I thought it could be a hot start issue so I let it set awhile. Still would not start. Checked all the plug wires and it seems ok. It turns over but it will not fire, it just cranks and cranks and cranks. Its getting gas b/c I flooded it out last night.

At the shop it started up fine twice before I left. Only thing done to it was had a Oil Pressure and water temp gauge put in, UD pulleys, DS Loop and a SS brake line that had not been put on yet. That's it and Im just dumbfounded for why it wont start now. I just went out after it sitting all night and it just cranks and no fire....help... I have a dyno tune schedule for this saturday morning, I dont need this crap to happen now :(

• Sponsors (?)

I know it was flooded before so I held the pedal to the floor and let it crank to get the excess fuel out and it still will not fire, I flipped the inertia switch and cranked it to get all the fuel out and after that it would still not fire (yes I flipped the switch back). It just just not firing at all and I have no idea why

Have you checked to make sure your coil wire is still on well? I jsut had a ploug wire pop off after 10k miles and while it didn't take me too long to find it it still had me stumped until I could look at it.

its getting spark, I just think its flooded really bad for some reason. When I went to put in in the garage I think it just dumped way to much fuel in and now it just flooded out. It needs to be tuned and I know its having a fuel issues.

anyone know what this connector goes to and if it is of importance? I just found it laying on the lower intake.

003-26.jpg

Yes, that is the wire to the oil gauge. Down in that same area is another connector. Its black and about 1" in diameter. Try reconnecting it. Whoever installed your new oil gauge may have unplugged it to install the new sender and not reconnected it very well.

Edit: It's a pain in the @$$ to get to but worth a try.