codes ?

boondocksaint

Aug 31, 2003
i did a search on here and on google but i know there is a site that has a code list because i got them from here. but im getting a code 21, and 24.koeo test. anyone know what these are or better yet where the code list is located. would like to find a site for all ford motors efi through 96. thanks for any input

• Sponsors (?)

boondocksaint said:
never mind. found it on google under eec.http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/2digit.html

thats the link. anyone know what they mean about iat or vat sensor out of range?. i know about the coolant sensor. just am not familiar with the other

I think your talking about a code 24# which is either a ACT or a VAT. If your car is a Turbo the VAT is in the VAM and uses it to check the air out with. Now if your N/A then its the ACT sensor located on your airbox ( a black plug). Now there are some Turbo cars that use a ACT sensor also like a LA3 off a TC. I would unplug the ACT sensor and replug it a few times to make sure its got a good contact and see if you still get a code for it. If you are using a VAM let me know and I'll send a email I got from Jaime off TF on how to adjust it.

i dont have any black plug on my airbox, now i have a 2 hole plug (white) just hanging close to the airbox but no place to plug into the box. btw the tech article link for cold air induction doesnt work. anyplace else that has the instructions to do it? thanks in advance

boondocksaint said:
i dont have any black plug on my airbox, now i have a 2 hole plug (white) just hanging close to the airbox but no place to plug into the box. btw the tech article link for cold air induction doesnt work. anyplace else that has the instructions to do it? thanks in advance

umm You may not have a ACT sensor on that car but I think they where used on 86-95' mustangs. Check on your airbox just above your MAF sensor. There should be a Act sensor there that screws into the airbox. Its black and has a two wire connector that plugs into it. Look at my pics on this link for the CAI I made and you will see where I mounted one on top of a PVC elbow.

Http://www.amwlawncare.com/wastedspace/peoples/rayslocks.htm

i have nothing with wires connected anywhere near or on the airbox. appreciate the response from you though, plus on my resonator question. if i go with srtaight pvc pipe do i need to put a filter in the pvc or leave it open?

boondocksaint said:
i have nothing with wires connected anywhere near or on the airbox. appreciate the response from you though, plus on my resonator question. if i go with srtaight pvc pipe do i need to put a filter in the pvc or leave it open?

I'm trying to picture what your doing here ok... Your replacing the pice in between the trottle body and the Mass air flow sensor? If so then you will probly be using the air box which has a filter in it. Now if you use PVC from the Trottle body to the Mass air flow and remove the air box then Yes you will need a filter added on it. Just remember you need a filter on the other side of the MAF sensor and it can just be a K&N clamped to the MAF or a filter in a stock air box bolted to the MAF. Did you click on the Jman link and look at the pictures of a CAI being built for his car? Its got whole pics of a CAI installed in the car and put together out side the car for you to get a idea on it :)

*** the Mass air sensor is bolted to the air box by four screws or clamped reall close to it***

As for the Code for VAT/ACT if you don't got either sensor and the car didn't come with it than ignore it I guess. I got a code like that on my SVO once that was something for a N/A car and someone told me that happens every now and then. Just double check the code, what it does, and that you don't have it.

yep your right, all i want to do is replace the inline plastic piece from the tb to the air box. i have no maf sensor whatsoever on anything near the tubes or the airbox as you can see in the pics. so maybe thats whats throwing up my code? runs fine though, wish it was a little more responsive but not like my rx7 (w/turbo)

Attachments

• P3140053 (Small) (2).JPG
    P3140053 (Small) (2).JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 87
  • P3140052 (Small).JPG
    P3140052 (Small).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 89