Cold Air or stock intake?

• Sponsors (?)

Either way you should delete the restrictor box, but both mods net around the same hp gain (5-7hp). Some argue the metal cai kit is actually worse because of the chrome piping that ends up heating the incoming air thus hurting performance. Its really more of a personal choice for looks more than anything.

If you want a real cold air intake, get an anderson ford power pipe for NA cars.
If not, do the K&N in the box like 5L5 says.

So does anyone know or tried a 4" afm power pipe on a stock motor? On late model resto it's description is for only big motor and larger cam application. I wouldn't mind upgrading to a 73 mm maf but would a 4" power pipe be to much?

So does anyone know or tried a 4" afm power pipe on a stock motor? On late model resto it's description is for only big motor and larger cam application. I wouldn't mind upgrading to a 73 mm maf but would a 4" power pipe be to much?

A 73mm maf is a C&L and you don't want that.

I would just get the the 4 inch pipe and use a 95mm velocity PMAS meter.
Anything in front of the TB is considered an unecessary restriction.

Power Pipes

A 73mm maf is a C&L and you don't want that.

I would just get the the 4 inch pipe and use a 95mm velocity PMAS meter.
Anything in front of the TB is considered an unecessary restriction.

Power Pipes

:lol: ya you can take my word on the C&L aint the way to go!! you'll love the PMAS meters! C&L in my case didnt do anything but gave me a headache trying to look for my huge power loss when the whole time it was the C&L !!! PMAS 500% over C&L

P.S ya im thinking going with the 4" anderson with my 342 stroker! plus they are very aggressive i think!:D... as far as the stock intake what you guys think on the rubber ridges/coils? does that affect HP alot?