Computer support for top end mods?

It's generally cheaper.

I will caution however, most bolt-on SC kits include a Fuel Management Unit and boost pump of some sort. These work pretty well but they're temp fixes. To do it right, you would still get larger injectors, high pressure in-tank fuel pump (or equivalent system), and a tune.
Yeah was going to run 25# injectors and new pump. The 6 lb vortex is designed for the stock 5.0. I believe some of the higher boost require and lift/inline pump also.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah was going to run 25# injectors and new pump. The 6 lb vortex is designed for the stock 5.0. I believe some of the higher boost require and lift/inline pump also.
Save yourself a [ton] of heart burn and woes... Install an in-tank 255L high pressure Walbro pump now. You will be future proof to over 500 crank HP in upgrades.

Forget all the doo-dads and add-on pumps etc...

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users
I did the Trickflow top end kit over seven years ago, runs just fine with stock ecu. I'm sure you could piece together stuff and save some money, maybe even more hp ? But I just wanted it all in a kit with no surprises. 76mm maf, 75mm Accufab TB, 24lb injectors, lifters, headers, fuel pump sold seperately.:doh:
20231022_115304.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I did the Trickflow top end kit over seven years ago, runs just fine with stock ecu. I'm sure you could piece together stuff and save some money, maybe even more hp ? But I just wanted it all in a kit with no surprises. 76mm maf, 75mm Accufab TB, 24lb injectors, lifters, headers, fuel pump sold seperately.:doh:
20231022_115304.jpg
I’ve seen the kits. I’ve done changed my my more times than a women. Now I’m thinking about just getting a 347 short block and just piecing it together as I can until it’s complete and just drop it in when it gets done. I don’t know anything about the car other than the obvious. Car has 60k on the odometer and I don’t know if it’s been rolled over or not. The interior has been redone so not a whole lot to go by as the shape of it. I just want to know what I have before I start bolting stuff on

I'd forget the supercharger for the moment and start with the suspension and brakes.
If this car is a keeper, shop the Maximum Motorsports or Griggs Catalog.
Switch to 5 lug or at least dump the drums.
All the power in the world isn't going to help if the car doesn't put down the power, drive straight and stop well.
I wish i would have done that 30 years, probably would have saved me thousands of dollars.

Then build up the power to whatever you feel is necessary.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users