computer swap?

94Five0

Loose Colon
Dec 14, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
hey stangers, buddy of mine has a Maf conversion kit for an 87 5.0 (computer, harness) for sale, I know jus from experiances that the stocker is soo restrictive compared to the fox's( retarding time between shift, etc.), an i don't really need a custom burnt chip yet.. anybody had any luck switchin the obd11 for an a9l or a9p computer out of a 87-93 fox? since the 94-95 eec1v is such a lil prick about engine mods, what increases could i see w/ swapin the computer with a fox computer?

also, should i go w/ an a9l or a9p since its an aode. real life experiance would be cool, but bench racin hypothesis is alright.

thanx :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

You aren't going to gain any horsepower from switching from one computer to another, and I would venture to say that the EEC-IV would make more power than the A9L because it is tuned more aggressively. IMO, switching over to a computer simply because you want to mod the car, would be a waste of time and money. If you want to change the fuel and spark tables, buy a TwEECer. If you want to do something for more power, switch to a carb set up. It's unreliable, but it will make more power than an EFI car once it is tuned right.

Joe