CONGRATS lxfiveo for making the cover of MM&FF!

Congrats Steve!!! Nice write up they did. I remember the first time I saw your car many years ago, with the KB. My mouth dropped then. Good to see you still love the car and have made many of us in the mustang community proud. Too bad, I missed you several times this past summer, but we will have to plan something this next summer. After all the trouble you have had in the past with the car, you definately deserve this. Congrats frrom all of us at SSoM...

• Sponsors (?)

Good deal man, congrats on the cover feature. When I got my magazine in the mail I thought that car looked familar and until Paul posted up a pic that you had put up on stangnet some time ago, did I realize what car it was. Congrats again, it makes it all that much more worth it, doesn't it?

Also one question for you. I am interested in the intake you have on your car. Can you tell me what rpm it is designed to run at or make power. And also how you like the intake so far. I basically want to know if that is too much intake for my car.

mansonozz said:
Congrats Steve. I remember back in the day w/thar car :nice:

PS - those seats look familiar ;)

Thanks Dave! It's been a hell of a lot more fun after giving up on the show fields and focusing on the 1/4 mile (of course, my wallet has been taking a beating!! lol)

69Clark - it's a Cartech custom igloo intake. Alot of race cars run an igloo style intake, so it may be a little much for your current setup. As far as rpm goes, the car is a turbo car and makes a ton of power down low. I shift around 5600-5800, which is far lower than a typical race car would. I wanted the Cartech intake more for the uniqueness factor than flat out performance, although it has certainly done nothing to hold back the combo.

lxfiveo said:
Thanks Dave! It's been a hell of a lot more fun after giving up on the show fields and focusing on the 1/4 mile (of course, my wallet has been taking a beating!! lol)

I hear ya, I barely go anymore myself. I think this year I just went around to the big ones to see the magazine guys, and then a local one to hang w/friends. None of the ones we used to hit up all the time.

Still haven't hit the track, but who knows what'll happen down the road :)

I saw the car on the front, thought nothing; saw the Laferriere Racing logo, thought it was familiar; THEN saw the spread and jumped in excitement to see that it was yours :nice:

I dig the wheels and paint, but i i can't wrap my head around that front bumper, hood, and rear spoiler. I guess its just me. I like the cleaner stockish look. Either way, mad props for making the cover. Very few of us do.

juiced_94gt said:
Those are HRE wheels :hail2: I should be recieving my HRE's in like 3-4 weeks also.:banana: :banana: :banana:

must be nice!

and I read the article, love your car man way to go! Only thing I would change is swtich to a S281 wing! :)

THIS PIC KICKS ASS
mmfp_060100_street_08_z.jpg

lxfiveo said:
Again, thanks guys for the comps. Alot of blood, sweat and tears (oh, and money too!! lol) went into getting that car closer to "right". Still not quite there, but who knows, maybe by the end of next season it will be at it's full potential.

As far as pics go, I have very few if you can believe it. I have some pics of the engine mock up that I can go dig up so you can see some of the internals. A friend of mine did post a vid of me from FFW of my first pass.....

http://www.joefournier.org/vid/steve2.MPG

The exhaust noise you hear is not me, it's the guy running next to me. If you try and drown it out, you can hear the simple "whooooosh" of my car as it flies by. It's funny how little noise it makes at WOT.

Did anyone saved this video because link doesn't work any more,you can upload on www.yousendit.com or send me on AIM Slow50hh

Thank you