Contemplating a Trade .... Need Opinions

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I 'm thinking about a trade right now. My neighbor owns a car lot & has this car on it. It is a red '95 GT that has been fully converted to look like a 96-98 Cobra. I'm not sure what color red it is .... but is a very nice looking color & paint was in pretty good condition. Here is what all I noticed with the car .....

'95 GT 5 Speed
Cobra front bumper
'96-'98 Cobra rear bumper
Tinted windows
Lowered with Sportline springs
Cobra R hood
Saleen S281 rear spoiler
'96-'98 tail lights :)notnice: IMO)
Chrome Cobra R wheels (17x10.5 & 17x9 with 315 Nitto DR's out back)
Smoked Headlights (appear to be the UPR lights)
Fluidyne aluminum radiator
Edelbrock Performer intake
BBK 75mm TB
O/R H-pipe
Headers ... not sure what kind, though.
Gauges everywhere inside, lol ..... but was very tasteful
^^^ with a custom Autometer speedo & tach setup.

Other than that .... I have no idea what has been done to the car. I started it up & it runs/sounds awesome. It has what sounds like a Steeda #19 cam ... but I have no idea what it actually had. It was too shady in the area to see what heads it may have had. I have no idea how many miles are on it yet either (custom gauges got rid of odometer).

I know the guy. He told me he'd sell it to me for $6,500. I was actually thinking about trading my car + paying a little. That or trading him my car & a Ranger ... then him paying me a little.

What do you guys think? Would you jump on it? (BTW, my car is in my sig. & most of you know what is done to it .... not much)

• Sponsors (?)

It would really depend on what you want in a car.
For instance, the red stang with cobra 17s is a pretty standard look
where your opal frost with black rims is a bit more rare to see.

not to say that one look is better than the other, that's not true at all.

it just depends on what kind of a style you want to portray.
you obviously don't like your car THAT much if you're already considering a trade...

I say you get something that gets you excited man. just imho

I prefer building my own stang...not buying one built. And i like your opal color over the red. MUCH more unique.

I say build your own. Imagine your own car with his mods...i bet u would like it much more. I know it may take a while but u will be happy in the end you kept it:nice:

Well, I'm currently the owner of my 2nd SN95. I love it. I had about $6,000 more in my yellow '95, but I like my opal frost car more & have plans for it. By now .... I have pretty much decided everything that I want in it. The thing is .... the red car has alot of that stuff already done to it. Granted .... I'd still be yanking the engine out & dropping in a stroker to give it my own touch, but I think the P.O. has done a pretty good job on the cosmetics of this car. If I can come out of the deal still looking good .... I just may do this.

Tough call...yours looks pretty decent to me...Like Caldwell said, not alot of em around....

The other ones all spanked out, got some mods...Pretty much done deal there....I would wanna drive it for a day and see how it feels and runs...Its been modded and Id wanna drive it some....If it was that much better than yours, that would sway my decision...Hey, why not if your in the market anyway....figure the mods are done for you...
I would think he'd give you a decent price for yours??...he'll turn that over no problem, looks alone are gonna sell it...

I can see some sleepness nights coming....:D

Tough call Justin. I hear the guys about taking on someone else's modded car (you dont know exactly what was done to it). But it sounds like something you want. Does the neighbor have any clue why the PO got rid of it?

I think that was an outstanding idea by Andy to see if he will cut you loose with it for a day or at least part of a day. And because you will be more particular than anyone else, see if you can start it for the first time in the day (I hate never test driving a car when it is cold - never know how bad it sputters when cold, etc). After driving it some, you will be totally in love......... or not. And you will have removed some of the guess-work going on.

Then again, I really dig your car - I have NEVER seen an OF SN95 around here, and I like the contrast in yours. You have tastefully modded it they way I would mod a car. :nice:

Good luck with the decision Justin!

Aight. Thanks for all the replies guys. I know that was a good bit to read through. I'm gonna take heed & test drive it for a day. No, I haven't asked anything about the PO yet .... but plan to look him up & talk.

I probably will not do this .... but it is possible. JT, don't worry. Whatever I do, I still got ya' covered on the pump, as this car still has one as well.

SeventyMach1 said:
Aight. Thanks for all the replies guys. I know that was a good bit to read through. I'm gonna take heed & test drive it for a day. No, I haven't asked anything about the PO yet .... but plan to look him up & talk.

I probably will not do this .... but it is possible. JT, don't worry. Whatever I do, I still got ya' covered on the pump, as this car still has one as well.
Man, that should be the last thing on your mind Justin. No biggie if it doesnt happen, but I sure do appreciate it if it does. :hail2:

Good luck with it!

Well ... good news .... I'm keeping Carroll! A dude bought the red car this morning for $7,000 cash before I ever made it up there to test drive it. Kind of a relief ... cause now I KNOW I won't be taking a chance at doing something stupid. Thanks for all the replies.

Cool - I really dig the OF. :nice: Like I said, I have never even seen that color around here and I doubt there are many stangs that look close to yours. That is pretty neat if you ask me.