convertible leaks....need major help!!!!

macatak60

Dec 21, 2003
i have a 2000 convertible and everytime it rains hard for a couple of days the driver side back floorboard and underneath the back seat get soaked. nowhere else is getting wet. i have searched trunk, behind side panel, under car and nowhere else is wet. I am so totally confused. even the local ford dealer could not explain it. please anyone have any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, my vert leaks between the back window flap and the rest of the top at the seams. A guy told me how to fix it once, but he ran it by me quick and I didn't understand him. Anyway it doesn't sounds like that's your problem. You should check all your drain plugs and make sure your drains aren't clogged. Pull out the back panels above and/or where your speakers are and take a look in there. If you see leaves, crap, rust, etc. that's where water might be from. If so, get a shop vac and clean it out and spray some rust proofing all up in there. That's the first thing I did when I got my car. If not, check the seals on your top all around the boot, and your window weather stripping too. Could be leaking in once place and trickling down to that floorboard a couple feet away. Hope this will give you some ideas :flag:

To Macatak60

Did you ever solve your problem with the convertible leak? I have a '03 that's having the same problem. The dealer has replaced all the weather stripping around the windows and (he says) removed the top to clean out leaves and gunk. A heavy rainstorm last Sunday left me with soaked rear floorboards and dampness under the rear seat. Thanks