Convince me not to buy a HONDA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"that is not true. i drive a hatch with just a b16a and ive done work to it and all but my car is N/A and doesnt have juice. My car ran a 13.83 in the quarter mile"

yea and i bet you have put a rediculous amount of money into it. a honda is a honda, they are slow, maybe the s2000s are fast but they are also alot of money to begin with and at least look half way decent. also i dont know how someone said stangs arnt good for road racing and autocross, i guess you dont do to much research on autocrossing because stangs are used mostly for autocross. 94-98 mustangs were built with that in mind. i personally know one of the men who designed our cars in 1993 and that would come straight from him. also with the stuff done to your car there is something wrong with your times, your car should run a little better than that. this post in my opinion is pathetic and if you have to be convinced to stay with the stang over a honda its pretty sad. no offense that is just how i feel about that

• Sponsors (?)

CManT1914-haha sorry, i got you confused with the post infront or after you.

Cb18201, you are very ignorant by saying "a honda is a honda, and they are slow" I believe stock for stock a Type R is faster then your car. Whos car is slow now? Actually they are pretty close stock for stock. A type R handles much better stock, and brakes better as well. Hey, but all hondas are slow. And how is a [email protected] bad for my car? The mph's are fine. Maybe the ET is a little off. But my tires suck for drag racing. I dont really care anyway. With bolt ons on some lightening off the car you can get into the 13s pretty easily. Thats fast enough for me down the straights. Thats about on par for a speed world challenge touring car. And to be honest guys, i dont really care that much about looks, or if they car is cool or not.

Nobody-hows it going, i havent been on for awhile. Yes i do enjoy driving my car around the track, but ive ridden in a few Acuras/Hondas with good coilover setups and track tires. I was verrrrryy impressed. It totally blew away my car. After climbing inmy car. It felt so loose and sloppy. I know that can be changed. But its $$$$$$ On my current budget, i think i would enjoy the Integra right now.

Yes i will miss the low end. And the sounds. But the Acura with cams doenst sound all that bad. Sounds pretty racey. What i wont miss is the squeaks and rattles and the lack off top end. So im sort of trading off in a way. I know heads and cam will give it good top end pull but thats not in my budget right now.

I dont know who said that there car runs the same in the 1/4 as this car would in the 1/8th. Have you been reading anything thats been said?? Or are you that dumb? Please dont respond if you dont know what you are talking about, or if you dont know anything about cars but the limited stuff you know about your own car.

I dont know, it seems no one sees my side, i guess im just dumb.

Well, what was the point of the whole thread in the first place? If you want something else, buy it. Why do you care what we think.

Oooh well, regardless of what I just said. . . I think you should get a notchback 5.0. Really light, rear wheel drive, cheap and all around an easier car to deal with. It can easily get 12's N/A on the strip with an auto-x/road course suspension setup. You'd be in corner-carving, tire-smoking heaven.

Its just as fast as my car, if not faster, handles better, and is fun to drive(reving to 8600 :) )

It is almost as fast if it really is a type r but I can say with a degree of certainty that it isn't faster..it just feels fast because of the high rev engine..I used to be a ricer and that is why people think these cars are fast..I must admit though for a puny little four the type r is kinda quick..anyway..I think you could do a lot better if you wanted to get rid of your payments and decrease insurance.

Hey beemermem3 - Yeah it has been while. Obviously you have been running the Mustang around corners. I won't argue that the Mustang takes some $$ to handle well. I have given up on that myself. It seems like your mind is set. I have driven a stock SVT Focus and WRX and a Mustang with springs/dampers couldn't corner with the same level of confidence of either of those cars. So I can see where you are coming from. The reason there isn't much support here is because we're Mustang guys. We like torque more than handling. That's why we put 275's on stock 8" wheels and swear it handles like a dream. Corner carvers is probably a better place to get opinions. I don't think Stangnet is really a road racing site.

Good luck on with your choice.

cb18201 said:
"that is not true. i drive a hatch with just a b16a and ive done work to it and all but my car is N/A and doesnt have juice. My car ran a 13.83 in the quarter mile"

yea and i bet you have put a rediculous amount of money into it. a honda is a honda, they are slow, maybe the s2000s are fast but they are also alot of money to begin with and at least look half way decent. also i dont know how someone said stangs arnt good for road racing and autocross, i guess you dont do to much research on autocrossing because stangs are used mostly for autocross. 94-98 mustangs were built with that in mind. i personally know one of the men who designed our cars in 1993 and that would come straight from him. also with the stuff done to your car there is something wrong with your times, your car should run a little better than that. this post in my opinion is pathetic and if you have to be convinced to stay with the stang over a honda its pretty sad. no offense that is just how i feel about that

if 6 grand including car and everything is alot of money to run 13.83 :shrug:
im not disagreein with the fact that honda's are slow, sohc they are ****. i mean i cant stand the acceleration. My car doesnt have the wings or any of that i did alot of weight reduction and put a CF hood on and lighter front lip and rear and side valences(off the civic SI). i put lighter rims on it and that sorta stuff to. i only bought the car for 5500 with all the parts and everything then did the work myself(well with the help of my friends) so i made a quick car that looks clean(still not nice like a stang but o well). mustangs are not a great handling car when compared to many of the imports i know the later ones were for tracks and stuff and the early ones were made for the trans am races but in comparison to an import like the rx-7 or s2k they dont even come CLOSE. but its all good i like rwd and torque much more and i would have bought a stang for my first car, but a the time i could only spend 5500 and all the stangs i wanted AT the time(almost 3 years ago) were WAY outta my budget and myinsurance was HORRENDOUS!!! thats why i got the honda. and i like speed so i couldnt leave it stock b/c it SUCKED. personally i respect anything that is quick. i mean i hate dodge neons and focuses more than anything(in my mind if your gonna get a 4 banger get an import, american go v8) but thats just my opinion, but i definately still respect any of them that are quick. a kid at my hs had a neon that could barely beat my car(had a turbo) and it was all ricey wit big body kit and silver wing on it but i still respected it b/c it was faster than me even tho i didnt like the "looks" stuff he put on it. its all good, personally i would say for you beemrmem3 if your goin performance keep the stang and mod it, if you want a commuter that will give you very little trouble and get goood gas mileage go for an import. its all up to you and either way its all good.

I have a "Honda" and have been very pleased with it. It runs mid 14's bone stock(on crappola tires nonetheless), get 26mpg, rides nice, looks decent, and has very decent power & tq from 2k rpm all the way to redline.

With that being said I would never EVER sell my Mustang for a 4 banger, no matter how well it handled or braked. Your Mustang can be made insanely fast, handle like crazy, stop like a Porsche, look badass, and all the while sound like a real American car. I have road-raced my GT with a friend and his modified 03 Civic Si. He has coilovers, upgraded brakes, and sticky tires. I have drag radials, lowering springs, and adjustable drag-orientated struts. The only place he was faster was extreme corners just because I had an earlier braking point. My stock brakes started getting spongy after about 15 minutes of racing. He was pissed that he couldnt pass me, and on the straights I would pull on him pretty hard. Hell, I even auto-xed and with some practice was running with the modified import rwd cars in my class.

So, sell the mustang if you cant afford it, but dont sell it if you are trading for an Integra because it handles and brakes better than yours does with a bunch of miles and no mods.

Nobody, maybe you right. I should take this to another forum.

FordRacer302-what does it matter if its a real type R or not. Its got he motor. And it has cams. The car is just as light as the Type R and has the type R tranny and LSD. The guy that owns it has ran it at the track. I dont remember exactly what it ran. But it was in the low 14s. I saw the slip. And this guy wouldnt lie. I guess its just sacreligous to say a honda is as fast as a stang on this site, haha

beemrmem3 said:
CManT1914-haha sorry, i got you confused with the post infront or after you.

Cb18201, you are very ignorant by saying "a honda is a honda, and they are slow" I believe stock for stock a Type R is faster then your car. Whos car is slow now? .

hahahha..dude if you want a honda then buy it, i mean its your own choice, if you really think it is better for you then go for it, but i know that my car stock would deffinatly beat a type R, my friends brother has one an before i got my gears when my car was stock i raced him an smoked him. i only have respect for a honda that can beat me stock, that is just how i feel. i personally dont like import cars, there not my thing, i have grown up l iking american muscle an that is all i will ever like, but if you want a honda then buy it, you dont need our opinions unless your really that unsure.

I went to the track awhile back and saw a black Type R with a cam and exhaust along with a Cold air and a short ram intake (smaller runners is what he explained to me) and he ran a 14.9 on a 50 degree night. Track was nice too and he is a decent driver so I dont know where all this "stock for stock its faster" stuff come from. I belive it was a 2000ish and it didnt look bad but still he had put pleny of cash into it and still runs 14.9 on a good night.......
Bemmerman....I can tell from all your posts your mind is already made up. You havent even traded yet but your already defending them to the death. I hope you defed your stang on after you trade on those Honda boards.
"Racing in a honda(acura) is like competeing in the special olympics.....even if you win your still retared" :)

Honda this Honda that. "my hatch runs ____ with only 6k in it" we've all heard it. you hatch is gutted somehow and it weighs nothing to begin with. A 2003 Acura better run in the mid 14s, especially one with 219 rwhp. Run a stock 03 cobra in a stock civic, acura, whatever and there you have it. Hell, run a Z06 stock and see what happens. Honda is a commuter car, not a race car. No reason to deck them out. In a hurry to clock in 100 miles away? Ill wipe my ass with these Hondas. Im not gonna lie, there are tons out there thatll hand me my ass on a silver platter, but with someone elses motor. Alls i ever hear is "I did this ____ motor swap". B16, H22, breaker 1-9. They need code names bc there are no cubes in those.

Rant done. I apologize if anyone is offended. Opinions are opinions. We must respect them all. I respect everyones on here, so no e-thuggin on me. :rolleyes:

:lol: the "code names" are engine codes so you can tell the difference between the motors....and BTW a short ram intake has nothing to do with runner size...its just an aftermarket intake that keeps the filter in the engine bay....meaning its not a cold air...

Anthony

Well, ive seen stock type R's here run 14.7s. And in alot of magazines they have tested them in the mid 14's, so the guy you raced must have been a horrible driver, or it wasnt a type r. But whatever. If you want to deny the fact that it is just as fast and handles better and brakes better then go right ahead. The only reason im defending the car, is because alot of you just talk out your ass beacause its honda, its kinda frustrating. Actually if anything its turning me off to keeping the stang. Cause all you guys can come up with is. Honda's are slow. Or, youll be retarded, even if it is fast. Makes me think there are no good reasons for keeping the car, other then the sound and TQ.

Like i said, ill probably post at a non-bias forum

If you can get it for $5000, I would buy it. Hell, the swap costs that much.

For the rest of you guys, hondas aren't as expensive as you think. Home made turbo kits are relatively easy. My Civic hatch weighs 2200lbs so it doesn't take too much power to run fast and you don't need alot of torque because of the weight. I think if some of you guys would grow up and drive a honda for a week you'd learn that they are nice cars.

LMAO beemerman....You didnt think a MUSTANG forum would be somewhat biased? I belive you also got some positives from a few people about your beloved honda....You dont think A HONDA board would be biased??
It was a Type R he popped his hood and he was a decent driver I have seen him take other cars into the 13's (Stock 96 Z28). The cars arent a godsend like you think. I have seen them in a mag along time ago and they said they ran 14.8 and thats with a pro driver....point being that both are high 14 second cars stock but I personally think you can make the stang much faster much cheaper but then again your more worried about auto-x Than draggin, so mabye your Honda is ur better choice. < That make you happy? here to make you feel better go get your honda and come down so we can drag and you can see what your Type R can run.....Man I bet you cant wait to slap that first big TYPE R sticker on the side of your wing.
I dont think all hondas are slow I just think that even if you drop twice as much into as it as I did and still run slower and look worse than it isnt a good choice. That right there isnt trying to start a war it is just my opinion.

A 2003 Acura better run in the mid 14s, especially one with 219 rwhp.

Its actually fwd, but I agree. I just dont agree with all the Honda hating on here. Just because its not a V8 doesnt mean it cant be fast, its just not as easy or cheap. How fun would this whole car scene be if everyone had exactly the same car?

Hell, my gf's bone stock automatic 2003 Maxima beat a stock 5 speed 98 GT at the track 3 times last week. You dont have to like japanese cars, but they do deserve some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.