Cost of shipping.

• Sponsors (?)

I meant $400

I could definitely get the parts laser cut for less than that, since I actually am a laser cutting programmer. Maybe you knew that already.

I did check out UPS after I posted and got about $350 for las vegas to my place, so it sounds ball park. But then again I check USPS and they said $67. I also used size as 12 * 12 * 12 inches, 40lb, so it should be well over-estimated. Ok so UPS was 5 - 7 days and USPS was 4 - 6 weeks, so there is the cost difference, but don't really mind waiting... except that it's an ebay item, and I don't want to have to wait 7+ weeks to find out the parts aren't actually coming. Then again if I pay $400 to ship I just lost what the 69 hangers go for on ebay anyway, and there's no assurance that I'll get it that way either.

It just made my heart sink thinking of all the other things I want to get, and how much shipping is going to cost. :(

Ok so back to making my own - Do I really need the whole hanger? Couldn't I just get a clutch pedal (or cut one myself and send it down the road to our good mate Paul to get bent) and use a rod from NPD in it?

The problem is I don't know how it all works, like where rods go through what and how the whole lot work. Like how is the brake and clutch mounted in the same spot? I assume the clutch uses the bushings, but the brake pedal must run on the clutch "rod" that goes through the bushings. Is that right? If so, what stops that interface (brake pedal/clutch bit) wearing out?

I would love to get a clutch pedal (if that's all that is needed) and draw it up, cut it, have it bent, and send the original back. The big spring at the back and the bracket it rides in would be a relative piece of cake, not so much the spring for me, I'd just send it away and get one made at a spring place. (or perhaps a hundred)