Couple of questions

07gtfolife

Oct 31, 2006
Any one else going though this:

1. On the drivers side window, when I try to do a auto roll up or down some times on its own it will bounce the window back the oppisite direction a few times in a row. :shrug:

2. Ok, when I put my car into 1st gear from a stop I really have to push it in hard and it feels notchy. If I dont push it in hard it will seem like its in gear and it will pop it out and make a grinding noise. So far people (the 2) that have driven my car that arent familiar with it this has happened to.

My car is only 2 months old and it has done the tranny thing from the get. The window started up about 2 weeks ago and is kinda intermittent. Are my sychros bad? Thats what I am afraid of.

• Sponsors (?)

For issue #1 you need to try this..

ford said:
FORD: 2005-2007 Mustang

ISSUE:
Some 2005-2007 Mustang vehicles may exhibit issues with the functional power window features including one touch up, short drop, and bounce back.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition if the root cause is incorrect or no window initialization of the Smart Window Motor.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Perform a de-initialization procedure of the smart motor / side window glass, followed by re-initialization procedure.

NOTE: WINDOW RE-INITIALIZATION MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOORS CLOSED.

NOTE: ON CONVERTIBLES, WINDOWS COULD BOUNCE BACK IF THE SIDE GLASS IS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT. REFER TO THE WORKSHOP MANUAL (WSM), SECTION 501-11.

NOTE: CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT THE DOOR SEAL OR MIRROR SEAL IS NOT ROLLED OVER OR BINDING. ALSO, THAT THERE IS NO OBSTRUCTION IN GLASS SEALING AREA AND THE GLASS FIT AND/OR REGULATOR MECHANICAL FASTENING IS NOT LOOSE.

DE-INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE

De-initialization (un-learning) of the smart window motor clears the memory of the module and shuts off the One-Touch UP, Bounce Back and Short Drop functions.
The smart window motors can be de-initialized in two (2) different ways:
Disconnect the battery cable from the battery WHILE THE WINDOW IS MOVING.
Remove the window motor fuse from the Power Distribution Box WHILE THE WINDOW IS MOVING.
After performing one of the above procedures, the smart motor must be re-initialized, see Initialization Procedure.
INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE

INITIALIZATION MUST BE PERFORMED WITH THE DOOR CLOSED! (For convertibles, top and the quarter glass must be in the up / closed position.)
From the window switch, perform the following steps without stopping:
Operate the window UP and stall for 2 seconds. (Hold The Switch)
Operate the window DOWN and stall for 2 seconds. (Hold The Switch)
The smart window motor will be initialized and one-touch-UP and Short Drop will be operational.
Cycle the window glass an additional five (5) times to set the window "Soft Stop" for the down position.
TIP - VOLTAGE RANGE OF OPERATION: 9-16 VOLTS (AT THE MOTOR)

The smart motor will ONLY function in the 9-16 volt range; if the voltage at the smart motor drops below 9 volts, the window may not function properly or prematurely stop moving
If the voltage drops below 9 volts while the motor is moving, the motor will become de-initialized (one-touch UP and Short Drop will be inoperable)
If the motor becomes de-initialized due to low voltage, see initialization procedure. for instructions

For issue #2 that could be a shift fork issue, that needs to be brought in