custom center console

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a quick idea if you are thinking of building a custom console. Cup Holder.

Many a drinks have ended up on my lap, on the seats, on the carpet. I finally rigged something up though. I found that most bottles or cups will fit nicely between the e-brake handle and the passenger seat. Just make sure it's not too full though, it does squeeze the cup a little.

JamesBaumann said:
Here's a quick idea if you are thinking of building a custom console. Cup Holder.

Many a drinks have ended up on my lap, on the seats, on the carpet. I finally rigged something up though. I found that most bottles or cups will fit nicely between the e-brake handle and the passenger seat. Just make sure it's not too full though, it does squeeze the cup a little.

Man thats exactly what I do with my coffee mug (have to use mug because paper cup pops the cover off) If I could get a custom console I would with cup holders. Theres not one in a Mustang (maybe the newest ones but no my 90)

Cup holders would be nice. i do the same thing with the drink between the seat and the e-brake. 50resto.com makes a center console delete plate that does away with the armrest. i thought about buying it but i figured that i would miss i. thats about all i hav seen done with the console.

JamesBaumann said:

Agreed, I usually do the same, but sometimes they dont stay well there....
Anyways, here's what i've done to mine, i plan on getting some polished ac knobs in the future to finish it off...
122272.jpg

Minus the red cd player bezel, it got replaced with a black one after the red one broke
122280.jpg

Ray III said:
I like J's console. It's always neat to see someone's customizing to their car, even if it looks straight out of the ghetto. :D

Ehh there, im straight outa the ghetto...and mine do look like that :p To each his own...but i agree, black interior has visited my dreams on many occations :mad: :D

140....i can totally see that interior fitting, for crovax :)

Steeda has the window switches and climate knobs. Beware of their stuff though, some of it doesn't fit in with the interior style (like weird shaped knobs and the wrong lettering) and they put their freaking logo on EVERYTHING that it will stand out on... nasty.

I think they even have aluminum door handles, but those are like $125. Some people sell aluminum handle bevels, but I'm not going to use those, because it doesn't fit in with the theme of CONTROLS being aluminum.