custom chip to get rid of emissions

noslow1986

Mar 25, 2006
oswego Il
would a custom chip help me get rid of emission like egr,canister purge stuff like that to get a better idle and fuel burn i rather spent the money on that then trying to fix or put on emission. i already pretty much got rid of all my emission and know im stuck with cold starts raw fuel smell and so on i think this would be better

• Sponsors (?)

If you're done working on the engine you can get the emissions turned off with a chip but from what I've read it won't do you much good. The computer automatically shuts off EGR function if it gets a code about the EGR (like if it's missing altogether) and the raw fuel smell could be any number of things from timing to a lack of convertors and charcoal canister.

Most cars run better and get better gas mileage with the emissions installed and working.

Most emission equipment can be hidden out of view with the exception of the A.I.R. pump and hoses and the EGR valve. The charcoal canister (the most likely cause of the fumes) can easily be hidden in the inner fender.

yeah i dont have egr and charcoal canister. egr was bad and chacoal canister threw out. to buy another one would cost alot i still looking for source of problem with cold starts been trying to figure it out for month. i heard somebody on stangnet that got a chip and his cold starts went away and the raw fuel smell. same problems i have