Cut-out exhaust kit?

redmenace66

May 31, 2005
I want to put a sweet exhaust kit on my 68 coupe thats sporting a 289. Edelbrock performer 600cfm carb and matching manifold. A good street car with low end torque with decent quarter times. Also wondering about cut-outs with mechanical valve operation or should I stick with electric?

• Sponsors (?)

Some of the more expensive cutouts actually have something like a servo motor that lets you open the butterfly however much you want. I too wonder how long they last, though. Another issue is if they leak or not. I personally would just get the manual ones with wingnuts and a plate.

I was looking at 14's for the quarter.
Yeah, I saw the manual cut outs too at Summit racing made by mr. gasket. Being that they were $40 each, I think thats what I'm looking at. Im leaning towards getting a 2.5" flowmaster kit. I have stock exhaust on now so anything will be better.
So in short. I want loud pipes that will aid in getting 14's. Cut offs would be nice too. Hey thanks for everyones responces. Its very much appreciated.

mrg-5424.jpg

dmh-20030-2_w.jpg

from summit

Attachments

• mrg-5424.jpg
    mrg-5424.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 85
  • dmh-20030-2_w.jpg
    dmh-20030-2_w.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 57
One of my friends has electric cutouts on his 68 mustang, I was just asking about them since I was thinking about doing them on my 67, he told me they don't leak and they still work as good as the day he got em almost a year ago. Not to mention its a damn cool option.