DaibloSport Chip Tech Help

I would like any suggestions posible...I own an '01 cobra and have installed 3.73 gears. I was told that if I install a chip I wouldn't have a problem with the gears. I haven't for about a year until my check engine light came on. The tech at Ford said it registered as an incorrect ratio in the rearend. The tech said he could fix the problem for $150. I thought the Diablo chip was supposed to eliminate the prob. The performance shops here said if Ford would will do it then go that route. I dont want to keep running into this prob. Please help! Thanks. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The Diablo chip will correct speedo problems associated with a gear swap, but simply putting the chip in will do nothing. You have to have a custom burn done on the chip in order for it to correct the speedo. Any respecable speed shop should have told you this and burned it for your correct setup. This should not be your problem, but you did not state if there was a custom burn so I am trouble shooting from scratch :D.
If you have no warrenty left on your Cobra then you can let Ford do it if you want, but I dont suggest it. Ford will more than likely screw up any aftermarket chip :notnice:
This shouldnt be a problem for you since it should have been done from the get go.
Give me some background if ya dont mind :D. Did they do a custom burn for you, did they just plug the chip in with preset setting, what else have you done to the car?

Lou
The car has been burned with a program from Diablo for the ratio in the rearend(3.73). The car also has Centerline wheels 17x8 & 17x9.5. Some suspension work by Kenny Brown, C&L Induction Kit, Bassani X-pipe, & Bassani Cat-back. It worked for over a year! Why now? Thanks for all your help- Snakeeyes