Daily Reminder

skywalker

Dec 22, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Daily reminder for any military pilots:
Dont piss off the guys who have control over whether or not your bird is allowed to fly, we'll remind you who owns those birds every time- and we'll find every stupid excuse to down those birds.

• Sponsors (?)

Good friend of mine (now my Scout Troop's Committee Chairman) is an ATC. Actually he's now the senior Center Operator here in Yuma; but he used to be upstairs in the tower - even when he was a lowly 1LT in the Corps. He has a similar maxim:
"Don't pi$$ off the guys in the tower. Instead of telling you when you can go, they can always just tell you where to go"

"Nightmare 1, flight of three; hold on the apron until I finish my sandwich and make a head call :p

Isnt that like when maintenance tells us that we have a spare, but when we looked at it, it was on jack stands and didnt have any blades on it...One more: What's the difference between ATC and a pilot? If the pilot screws up, he will usually just kills himself. If ATC screws up, he usually just kills the pilot. That's bad, I know...

We downed a Cobra for a stripped screw receptacle. This comes the day we get chewed out (for the 5 day in a row) for not writing up every missing screw we find - thus why we got pissed off.

2nd Mustang said:
I grounded a B-52 once for a little hydraulic O-ring. Not having brakes or flaps is not a good thing.