Dangerous Turned Deadly

Around here...we all just go out to Woodward and park. We watch cars go by, talk to people about cars. There is also a bar that has an upstairs with huge windows that they open in the summer. We usually get a beer or two, and a bite to eat and watch the cars drive by up there. It is a lot of fun.

****When I say beer, I literally mean 1 or two social beers. I do not drive drunk and I am not turning this thread into that.****

• Sponsors (?)

Down here, ONE beer can get you a DUI, technically. If you blow anything but .000 and the cop THINKS you're "impaired," you get a free trip to jail. :nono: I can understand "no tolerance," but this state's a little bit silly...

just like Texas. Anything over .000 and your going to jail.

I can't believe a bunch of retards would stand on the side of the curb and watch two 10 sec cars street race. Thats like playin russian rulett with the devil.:nono:

just like Texas. Anything over .000 and your going to jail.

I can't believe a bunch of retards would stand on the side of the curb and watch two 10 sec cars street race. Thats like playin russian rulett with the devil.:nono:

Well said

Actually not really. The cars were 5 sec 1/8th mile cars, meaning like 8-low 9 second cars depending where in the 5s they are:eek:

Noone involved was smart...

On another site a guy says he knows one of the drivers, and has been going on and on about sticking up for him, claiming he is a great stand up guy, caught in a bad situation... NO anyone involved in any of the setting up, racing, or anything here is nothing but a moron! A stoplight battle with noone around, or two friends going at it on a deserted road is one thing, but two people traveling to a place to race for $25,000 with a group of people they don't know, deserves whatever they get.

I feel for the families of those who were killed, but to feel for anyone who makes those decisions, and who are claimed to be stand-up people... sorry, can't do it.

Sorry I had to edit a lot of my post guys, but the cops are sniffin around the local board and I don't want anything being brought to Stangnet on my account. I don't know any of the involved personally... And I was not there when it happened.

As for Lett being a good guy or not, I've heard nothing but great things about him. He did however make a bad decision along with everyone else involved. He had a beautiful mustang too.

That being said, this is not a bunch of teenagers with no money and nothing else to do tho, these are grown men with extraordinarily fast cars.

What else can I say? A very sad situation for all involved.