DANICA PATRICK.....Nothing will be the same again!

• Sponsors (?)

She ended 4th, where she started... She led for about 10 laps.... Drafted back to first after a caution restart over Weldon... She slipped to 4th in the last 3 and it ended under caution with no possible position changes...

Either way...I am proud of this young racer! She has a long career ahead of her.

I will be interested to see how she does after her first dance with a wall at 220+....That will be where it makes-her or breaks her... I don't will it to occur, but it will be ability to fight the fear, to control her machine in the future...

Jenn

scottie1113 said:
She would have won if not for the fuel problem at the end. Great race for her.

You're forgetting she got into 1st place by not pitting when all the other lead lap cars went into the pits. If you listened to the commentary, her team calculated that she would have finished 12th if she had pitted with all the other front runners. If she ran out at the end and had to get a splash of fuel they figured the worst she would have done was 11th or 12, so it was worth the gamble of playing the fuel mileage game.

Don't mean to take away from the great job she did, especially for a rookie, but she wouldn't have been able to hold off Welden at the end even if she had plenty of ethanol. Again the race commentary was that once Weldon got right behind her, she went to full rich to try to hold him off.

RS200 said:
Don't forget, she is a lot lighter than all of the other racers. The cars have a weight standard, so the fact that she's smaller gives her a HUGE advantage...around 1 MPH.

I knew this would come up. :nonono: I guess she should go back to the kitchen where she belongs. Damn small woman driver. I hope she straps on weighted diving belts when she races next. :lol:

So, out of 26 cars in the final laps her light weight allowed her to pull out of a tire rub at 224 MPH and allowed her to hold her own? I will agree that her weight aided her MPH, but the woman is a skilled racer at 23. Hands down.

I guess that we can attribute all of Jeff Gordon's wins to his skinny azse. Wow, I feel better, I can call Tony Stewart's peeps and tell them to have him starve himself and hack his legs off, then maybe he can get some wins over Gordon....

Jenn

Jenns05Stang said:
I knew this would come up. :nonono: I guess she should go back to the kitchen where she belongs. Damn small woman driver. I hope she straps on weighted diving belts when she races next. :lol:

So, out of 26 cars in the final laps her light weight allowed her to pull out of a tire rub at 224 MPH and allowed her to hold her own? I will agree that her weight aided her MPH, but the woman is a skilled racer at 23. Hands down.

I guess that we can attribute all of Jeff Gordon's wins to his skinny azse. Wow, I feel better, I can call Tony Stewart's peeps and tell them to have him starve himself and hack his legs off, then maybe he can get some wins over Gordon....

Jenn

Touche' :owned:

Seriously guys, the indy 500 is about 5 years away from being GONE!! And I for one who grew up watching this race that was just a few miles from my home and it was the biggest race of the year, that would be a great loss. If her being there helped bring in some fans...GREAT. I watched the Nascar race and Jeff Gordons mini me finally won after 99 cautions, WOW how exciting. It was lame compared to the 500. By the way, I for one was dang happy to see her run as well as she did. I wanted her to win. There have been women drivers who have been over hyped who coulnd't drive a bus, (aka. Shawna Robinson) but those who could, like Lynn St. James and Sara Fisher who never had good equipment. I always pull for the underdog. And by the way, the WHOLE CAR has to reach a minimum weight, so the fact she was 100 lbs. was no big deal. :damnit:

craig gaines said:
PS. Keep your eye on a girl named Erin Crocker, recently signed by Ebernham Motorsports. If that girl can beat Steve Kinser in an outlaw, she can drive. If you don't know what an outlaw is or who Steve "the king" Kinser is, please leave now. :flag:

She has been playing in the shop with Kahne and Elliott.... If she can fly the Sprint car around a dirt track and get a 13th overall in points last year. She got the WoO in Tulare (a long rock throw away from where I am in Sac.)...hopefully her transition to pavement will go well....

Tina Gordon has been around awhile, and came out of ARCA for a shot at Craftsman Truck, and after her wrecj and leg break, didn't make it back. :(

Deborah Renshaw has done well in the Busch Series for (ehhh hummm *cough*) Dodge. She's, I think, around 30th..

It will just take a while to see where Danica ends out. The overall difference between driving one of these Nascar Series vehicles and a F1 is.... Like black to white though... No comparison can really be made.

Jenn

It was too bad she couldn't have at least held on to 2nd, but any driver who finishes 4th at Indy is okay in my books. I was impressed she finished that high up after dropping down to 16th with the stall in the pits. And even Weldon was cutting it close on fuel - he ran out of gas on his victory lap!

all in all, i'm not a huge racing fan, but i watched that race from beginning to end. it was great.