DAYM

• Sponsors (?)

I have wireless cable internet. I really think my connection speed blows. Anyone know how to check it/make it faster?

I just watched it and that was a cool video! A modded ford GT, isn't that every mans dream?

There are those sites that can "test" the speed of the connection...I dunno how spot on they are though.

You may have an attenuation(sp?) problem if your far down the line...I would call and complain about it. For the money paid ever month be the arsehole. But you may need to get some kind of sig. booster for your connection if it is an attenuation(sp?) issue...its kinda like a capaciter/amplifier for the line you add to your line.

Killercanary said:
I have wireless cable internet. I really think my connection speed blows. Anyone know how to check it/make it faster?

I just watched it and that was a cool video! A modded ford GT, isn't that every mans dream?
You can check it here
You can retest and may be able to fix it here

The results I get from both sites are pretty consistent with the results from my providers speed test. You can use both those sites w/o signing up or buying anything.

Wow, something is WAY WAY wrong with my computer then. I have the "medium" speed cable service and here's my results:

335kps download speed
89kbps upload

I'm wasting my freaking money here!!! How do I fix this???

Sorry for going off topic Urban!

Killercanary said:
Wow, something is WAY WAY wrong with my computer then. I have the "medium" speed cable service and here's my results:

335kps download speed
89kbps upload

I'm wasting my freaking money here!!! How do I fix this???

Sorry for going off topic Urban!

http://www.pcpitstop.com/ someone posted that above. You can go there and take the full test and see what it says. You might have spyware or something. DO you ever scan for it?

nice.

I did the test too
Download Speed: 3181 kbps (397.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 353 kbps (44.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

I think my connection sucks too but i don't know. I have cable. Where can you get one of them booster things?

Called Comcast and asked what I should be getting the guy said 6mb download and 384 upload. When I told him I ran a test and got a 3181 he said thats 3mb thats about right. I want the full benifits of my cable lol

did most of the stuff that pc pitstop thing said ran the speed test again and got
Download Speed: 3869 kbps (483.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 359 kbps (44.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

So I guess its pretty good?