DCControl questions need help ASAP!1!!

fiveohGT

Jun 22, 2004
Fairfax Virginia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I'm not that electrically inclined so I have some easyones in here. okay so right now i have the ramcharger dual electric 15 inch fans in the car with the manual controler. I just got the DCControl wiring and I have a few questions.

Coming out of each fan is a Black, Yellow, and Green wire. When you follow the wires to the end going into the connector for the manual activation wire I have 2x black, 1 green, and 1 yellow wires. I assume if i cut the wires at that last connector those 4 wires will be all I have to deal with coming from the fan. Which one is the positive and negetive and what do the last ones do?

Next, the instructions says that I should be mounting the pos. and neg. wires from the control unit directly to the battery. The problem with this is my battery is all the way in the hatch. (I also have the 3g w/ wire upgrade w/ fuse) Where can I mount these wires instead keeping in mind that I have fusible link it says to attach to the pos. battery terminal as well.

I think that's it for now I really want to get my baby running! THANKS SO MUCH!

• Sponsors (?)

It's probably safe to assume that the black wires are ground (verify w/ voltmeter or test light by using the black as ground and then put the positive to a 12v source - battery connection at starter solenoid, etc).

The yellow and green wires are probably your power wires for the fan. Most fans are dual speed; one wire is for high speed and one is for low speed. Hook those wires each to 12v (not at the same time) and ground the black wires to see which one provides a faster fan rotation. The one that provides a faster fan rotation speed is high speed power, which is what you want to run to the DCC as the fan power wire. The DCC unit will determine how fast your fan turns, it won't always be going on the high speed, don't worry about that:nice:

I assume your starter relay/solenoid is still in the factory location (on the drivers fenderwell). If that's correct, use the side of that that your battery cable runs to as your 12v from the battery. I mounted my DCC unit right on the fenderwell behind where my battery is (stock location) so that it stays dry. I can show you pics if you want.

Good Luck.

I assume your starter relay/solenoid is still in the factory location (on the drivers fenderwell). If that's correct, use the side of that that your battery cable runs to as your 12v from the battery. I mounted my DCC unit right on the fenderwell behind where my battery is (stock location) so that it stays dry. I can show you pics if you want.

Okay so about this part of my question. I have the 3g alternator and someone told me on corral to run the pos wire to the pos post on the back of my alternator but to make sure i have an inline fuse and a fusible link between the pos and neg post on my dccontroler. Is this a better way to route it? or should I hook it up to the starter relay (which is already sort of cluttered). The inline fuse im going to run is a bladed marina 30amp fuse???? (like i said im not electrically inclined) Can anyone spot any flaws in how i plan to run this?