Dealing with Prestige Mustang

mattk

Oct 26, 2006
Marion, Iowa
I ordered a used back seat for my '97 convertible from Prestige Mustang in the black/gray cloth upholstery. They told me it was a rare interior option and the only one they had needed repair on the bottom section due to a rat hole. I received it and took it to the upholstery shop for repair, $130 later I got it back. I had already put in the top section a few weeks back after I received it, I went to put in the bottom and guess what, it doesn't fit, they sent me the top section for a convert and the bottom for a coupe! I called and explained the situation, they told me they would try to find the correct bottom, but didn't think they had it. I asked if they would give me a refund in the amount to get the coupe cover to fit the convert (they look almost exactly alike, but the coupe bottom is about 8 inches wider). I was told they don't give refunds on used parts, only store credit. I explained that I don't need any more used parts and this was their mistake, not mine and I spent $70 for them to ship the wrong part! I was told I should've done a trial fit first, I expained that I had no reason to doubt the bottom since the top was right and the upholstery matched. I was told store credit was their policy period. The guy I was dealing with also told me he didn't know there was a difference between a coupe and convert back seat! Besides that I ordered it over the phone without seeing it, trusting that they knew their parts. I asked him why anyone should do business with them if we can't count on them sending the right parts and if they won't own up to their mistakes, he said he'd call me tomorrow. I'll post the outcome here, if they don't make things right I would highly recommend not doing business with them. If they make things right I'll post it here, so I guess we'll wait and see. We all make mistakes, but we also have the responsibility to make things right, especially if you expect to stay in business.
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Hi im new here but i have also had problems with prestige. I used to deal with them until one day i went up there and the owner treated me horribly. I was trying to make some room in my garage one day and decided to sell my gt front bumper w/ fog lights and hood there and when i got there he came out and said he would buy everything. So when it came time to pay me he offered me 40 bucks for everything and i told him i was sorry that i couldnt take that much becuase i know i could get more for everyting selling it on ebay or to someone i knew. Well anyways he then began to to treat me bad and told me how dare i say i could get more somewhere else and yelled at me saying never to come back and deal with him again, so i have taken my bussiness elsewhere.

I just ordered some stuff from them through eBay a few weeks ago. It took two full weeks for it to be shipped from GA to SC.. Kind of a dissapointment, I had to call them every other day.