Detailing Under The Car????

olbob

Founding Member
Mar 13, 2002
Maine
I was just (again) detailing under the car, a 2000 GT, painting, cleaning waxing,and just wondered am I SICK or does anyone else do this, almost no-one looks under it except my buddie and me......
How about you??
Bob:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I plan on it in the Spring, but she's hibernating for a while. Since you cleaned it up so well, Sonus makes a product called MotorKote. Its a sealer that is supposed to put a long lasting protective coating on you engine, undercarriage, wheelwells , etc. I bought some but will wait till I clean it up a little next Spring.

Re: Cleaning

Thanks for the notes, Car is not driven in winter, I work on it at that time of year. Getting it ready for spring. I suppose it is foolish to spend two or three months a year under the car... I do show it.. But the effort put in is probably not worth the results...
Any other answers..
Bob in Maine

yep...underside is spotless....have to with the mirrors at the shows:

tallywood_008.jpg

Attachments

• tallywood_008.jpg
    tallywood_008.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 88
I clean the underside as often as I can, but don't detail it.

The undercarriage is oten a great indicator of the car's history and lifespan. After all, any dummy can wax paint, but it's hard to keep the underside shiny. ;)

Too True

An old buddy of mine who helps me from time to time, (I'm a disabled Veteran and there are some things I just can not do) remarked "HOLY *****, it still looks brand new!

It is a daily driver, so it takes a little extra care. but WELL WORTH IT!

That Is Why I Choose Stang Net

THANKYOU!:SNSign:

I have gotten the best advice, good people who are sincere.
We need more people in the world like this group!

I took the advice and have a bitchin Stang as a result !
Could not achieved what I have so far without you guys !

BTW - MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!

olbob said:
I was just (again) detailing under the car, a 2000 GT, painting, cleaning waxing,and just wondered am I SICK or does anyone else do this, almost no-one looks under it except my buddie and me......
How about you??
Bob:shrug:

is your car a show car or just a daily driver?