Diablo Predator or SCT Xcalibrator 2?

MadDog2020

Jan 3, 2004
Kansas City
I realize it may a little early to judge the new SCT Xcalibrator 2, but has anyone tried it out yet? I was all set to buy the diablo predator a short while back, but now this new SCT sounds like it can do what the diablo can plus some more.

Or in other words, can anyone tell if the SCT Xcalibrator 2 is lacking any features when compared with the Diablo Predator?

• Sponsors (?)

I just got my xcal2 yesterday and it works great. My mustang feels like a new car.

My engine runs really smooth now. I bet I can balance a quarter on the edge during idle. The car feels like it has more HP after 5K RPM too. It also feels like it has more HP with the AC on. Before the tune, I would have a lot of drivetrain slop when I let off the throttle. The tune greatly reduced the slop by not letting the RMP drop.

The datalogging is really nice too.

Yesterday my friend came over with his car (mazda 6) because his check engine light was on. The xcal2 read the code. One thing I wish it would do it tell you what the code means.

So far, I like it. Never tried the preditor.

if u buy a predator used, u cant update the tune if it needs it. thats according to diablo on thier site. it also states that if u but a predator from an unathorized dealer, like getting it from ebay or used, u cant update it. any ways around this???

02davestang said:
if u buy a predator used, u cant update the tune if it needs it. thats according to diablo on thier site. it also states that if u but a predator from an unathorized dealer, like getting it from ebay or used, u cant update it. any ways around this???

Not true.

A used Predator can do anything a brand new one does as long as the seller or previous owner has restored the stock (factory) tune to their vehicle beforehand. You can update the Diablo performance tune on a Predator no matter who you buy it from. I bought mine on eBay and have updated it, used a custom tune in it, datalogged with it, and used it as a diagnostic (trouble code) reader. Warranty issues, such as failure of the unit to turn on, etc. would of course only be covered if you bought from an authorized dealer, but that's true of any eletronic device that I know of.

I have used both SCT 9100 Flasher, X-Cal 1 and Diablo Predator. I personally use SCT as I think it is a superior product. The more I learn about the Predator and Diablo in general, the happier I am that I went with SCT.

I have the X-cal 2 on my 04 GT. Not as much HP addition as I would have liked. But the car does feel quicker. It didn't smooth anything out. I have a lope at idle like I have cams, I believe it's from the MAC CAI or the Mac Prochamber I have. But it shakes at low RPM. And now, when it's cold, it bucks driving down the road