Diablo Predator problem...maybe

Well, my ass puckered up pretty tight yesterday. I installed the Diablo performance tune on my 04 GT over the weekend, and all I changed was the traction control and gear ratio. Well, I decided to play with it a bit yesterday. I advanced the timing in both ranges, and I turned off everything that I needed to to shut off the rear O2 sensors. Well, I went to load the tune, and it stopped writing at 85%. It asked if I wanted to reload or something like that, and I said yes. This time, it only got to 5%. WTF was up with that? I backed out of everything, and unplugged the tuner. Then the damn car wouldn't start. It was as if it was turning over, but not starting.

Well, decided to start over from scratch, and I restored the factory tune. I then tried to install the Diablo tune, as if nothing had happened before. I got a message that said something to the effect of it couldn't recognize the model or something like that. I had the ignition in the right place at all the right times, so I didn't know what the hell was up.

I drove it home, and I missed that extra bit of power it gave me. Anyway, I tried to reload the Diablo tune, and same as before, it wouldn't recognize the car. I repeated the above and restored the factory tune. This morning, I tried the old "third time is a charm" technique, and it worked.

I was wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen. Should I be worried at all? It's working just fine, and I'm usually a "don't fix it if it ain't broke" kind of guy, but this has me a little worried. Any similar stories or remedies would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Similar thing happend to me when I ws putting the factory tune back on, due to Katrina gas shortages (87 octane was available more often).

I ended up having to use it like it was the first time again. If your's has re-read and stored your factory tune and then put the performance tune on, you should be fine.

Cell phone was in the car, but turned off. The radar detector was unplugged. After turning the ignition on or off, I even waited until after any beeps or bells chimed before pressing "continue". The car seems to run fine, and I think I have it setup the way that I want it now. I shouldn't have to change anything or reload the tune unless I take it in for service or repair. I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one this has happened to, for fear that my computer might be F'd up. Thanks for the replies guys.

what was battery voltage at? my diablo dont like a low battery while its loading any tune.fan runs while tune loads so if its draining a weaker battery just enough it will screw with it,says so in the manual.