Did Ford have a TSB on the squeeky window?

PEWTERPONY said:
Mine does this as well >:-(

I think its due to the fact that the rubber piece has no felt on the inside of it. I stuck my little finger in there and theres nothing but rubber. Glass + rubber = Friction. I haven't fixed my yet, but I'll try the armorall trick :)

Is this something that happens year round? My window just started to squeak on the driver side (no tint). Seems it started when the temps finally dropped to around 40's :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same prob with my '02 GT when it was new with the passenger window squeeking loudly. I took off the door panels on both the drivers and pass. sides and compared the two (the drivers side did not squeek). The rubber guide on the pass. side was installed incorrectly. (apparently many were from what i'm reading). It was 'flopped over' so that the rubber edge, and not the felt edge, rubbed directly against the window. I simply 'flopped it back over' correctly using a plastic knife, and its been fine for over a year now.

DELOS02GT said:
I had my driver side fixed under warr. about 6 months ago. I waited to get my windows tinted untill after I had the window fixed. Now that the windows are tinted the passenger side is doing the SAME thing!!! :bang: I'm going to bring it to the dealer and ask them if they can fix it without scratching my tint. I think every Mustang has the same prob.
mine dont, yet..........

BETTERBULLITT said:
It is a Ford product.. Have never asked them if I could buy it, since I figured I might as well have them do it for me.. I know, I know, I am taking the lazy way out.! :p

It does work well, but like I said you have to clean off your window a few times after application since it leaves streaks.
Are you 'Da Jesus???? I love the avatar and the movie...

If the tint is messed up anyways, you may want to pull it off and take it back under warranty. Tell them you want it fixed, not patched. The tint is so thin, It should not be a problem. Also, dry silicon spray is probably the best thing to use if you want to fix yourself. :nice:

i had this problem with my 2002 driver side window it ate thru my tint down in a straight line.
first was squeeking.......then a couple of nicks........then alot of nicks.........then a straight line down.
after i took to dealer they said they found a small pebble in the window track.
hope this helps.