Didn't trade the stang for the prelude

• Sponsors (?)

On a budget? do the junkyard upgrade...

Gears - 87-88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe rear axle - disc brakes and 3.55 or 3.73 gears in one package for $125-$300. Add another $100-$200 or so to complete the brake upgrade.

94-95 Mustang GT MAF - $40-$100. It is 70 MM instead of the stock 55 MM on regular stangs built prior to 94. It uses a slip on duct on the side that goes to the throttle body and a 4 bolt flange on the other. You need a $25-$35 flange adapter from Pro-M to fit the stock slip on air ducting that goes to the air box. Wiring plugs right in with no changes. *1

95-97 Ford Explorer intake manifold & throttle body $150-$300. The intake manifold flows 220 CFM +, much better than stock. Throttle body is 65 MM, bigger than the 60 MM on stock stangs. I got a 96 with EGR passages that match the stock setup, so my smog gear works just like factory. You’ll need a 65 MM EGR spacer & new gaskets for $65-$90 so you have a place to mount the EGR & throttle linkage.

3G alternator from 94-95 Mustangs or other Ford. $20-$120. A must have to make the electrical system work like it should. You’ll need a 4 gauge power wire and a 125-135 amp fuse to go with it about $15- $30.

Lincoln MK VIII electric fan -$40-$160. Free up some HP by not having to drive the stock fan. The 3G alternator upgrade is a must have prerequisite before you do the MK VIII fan. You won’t have enough electrical power if you don’t do the 3G upgrade.

*1.) I got a metal flange adapter from Powered by Ford for $35 and tax. That was over a year ago. Summit Racing may also have one too.

Powered By Ford
1516 South Division Avenue
Orlando, FL 32805
Hours 0800-1800
Phone 407-843-3673
http://www.poweredbyford.com/

plainwrecknate said:
Not to piss anyone off, and i hate ricers as much as the next guy. If the prelude was the V-TEC with the DOHC H22 block, it would smoke any 5.0 stock vs stock. If you ever want to see what some of those i4's will do, take a drive in a Acura RSX Type S. A RSX-S will smoke the **** out of any stock 5.0 and make you cry.
:ban: FLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree you should have to say you are sorry for ever considering a pos honda after you have a stang. there are ways to redeem you from your ricer ways. read through all the posts here and learn the reality of what a stang is not from a fast and the furious blurred view.

this is funny, honestly though, use the search function. It will become your friend. People like jrichter have posted many times on budget upgrades as well as first upgrades that are a must (i.e. exhaust, sub frames, gears etc.)
enjoy

Modular2v said:
:ban: FLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dumbass, a stock 5.0 notch with man everything and 5-spd with 3.08's can go 13's stock, and a fully loaded gt 5-speed with 3.08's can go low 14's, how the hell is a 15 second car supposed to compete with that. My car has some decent mods, but all season 225's on it, and i raced a prelude with some bs upgrades like a turbo and internals...blah...blah, 15 grand or so. and launched on him, and he pretty much dissapeared by the end of the race... I also agree that hondas are garbage, look at the 90's accord in msn autos. major engine probs and trans probs. also, hondas are only popular as an after-effect of the 70's gas crisis, the 50's honda motorcycles, and popular uneducated opinion. Hondas get decent gas mileage, that's what they are good for, but their simple low displacement=better gas mileage routine is getting old... and technology is passing them by with mercedes and ford's new designs(mercedes are expensive, so ford wins this market). toyota is having problems with their hybrid technology, so they will also soon be eating american dust. To reitorate, honda=eco, 4-cyl=eco, low displacement=eco(there is a limit to how much you need), a 13 sec honda costs 90grand(nsx) while a 12 sec ford costs 30 grand and it goes back to the american economy. why buy a honda??
1. lose jobs in america
2. have a slow car
3. get 30 mpg
4. have major engine and transmission problems and not get warrantied
5. to fit in

blackstangt said:
What a dumbass, a stock 5.0 notch with man everything and 5-spd with 3.08's can go 13's stock, and a fully loaded gt 5-speed with 3.08's can go low 14's, how the hell is a 15 second car supposed to compete with that. My car has some decent mods, but all season 225's on it, and i raced a prelude with some bs upgrades like a turbo and internals...blah...blah, 15 grand or so. and launched on him, and he pretty much dissapeared by the end of the race... I also agree that hondas are garbage, look at the 90's accord in msn autos. major engine probs and trans probs. also, hondas are only popular as an after-effect of the 70's gas crisis, the 50's honda motorcycles, and popular uneducated opinion. Hondas get decent gas mileage, that's what they are good for, but their simple low displacement=better gas mileage routine is getting old... and technology is passing them by with mercedes and ford's new designs(mercedes are expensive, so ford wins this market). toyota is having problems with their hybrid technology, so they will also soon be eating american dust. To reitorate, honda=eco, 4-cyl=eco, low displacement=eco(there is a limit to how much you need), a 13 sec honda costs 90grand(nsx) while a 12 sec ford costs 30 grand and it goes back to the american economy. why buy a honda??
1. lose jobs in america
2. have a slow car
3. get 30 mpg
5. to fit in
could not agree more:flag:

blackstangt said:
1. lose jobs in america
2. have a slow car
3. get 30 mpg
5. to fit in

Well, honestly I don't know what kind of help we are being c*&k suckers and all... maybe you should buy a Camaro and goto the shivy forum :shrug:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=610857&page=2

Brians89GT said:
You know what I think I am going to trade my car for a nother Honda just because you mustang owners are such &*@#suckers and I dont want that immage. I already know someone who will trade me.

what ricers are beating you so badly i realy want to know cause ive had 4 foxbodys one was slightly moded and the rest were stock and i didnt seem to have this problem are you good with a 5 speed, And you cant compare a 2004 WRX STI or EVO to an 89 GT there's a big difference in 4 grand and 40 grand, Also when you buy a fox for lets say 4k and if you put 4k into it you'll stomp most FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST ricers anyways.

I don't know wether or not to take this guy seriously, but if you are serious, go smoke some weed and buy some for sale signs for your mustang or go for that trade. You don't deserve a muscle car, so go back to accelerating past 90 in reverse in your import, because B.S. is what you're good at and mustanger's don't need that rep.