Dipstick popping out

UTGAMER

Feb 26, 2010
Dalton, GA
I just ordered a new dipstick for my oil pan on my 94 GT. I just recently got the car about a week ago. The dipstick that came with car was broke but the guy I got it from showed me the other end saying it was not broke off inside tube. The part number is F4ZZ670A does anyone know if maybe I got the wrong stick and its too long or that I possibly got jewed and the stick is in tube? It is kind of hard to get it in and Im scared reading on stick is not accurate and I may be low on oil. It says add quart, but what if it is broke and its full and Im just getting bad reading? any suggestions on how to know if its broke or another problem? Or maybe how to get it out? Im not mechanical at all, so I dunno what to do... Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like the right PN.

F - decade of manufacter = 90s
4 - year suffix of manufacter = 94
Z - vehicle line = Mustang
Z - engineering group - dont worry about it. not really relevant in this case.

SOO the PN breaks down as it was designed for a 94 Mustang application. The only other option for the different dipstick is if it was for a V6.

FWIW, the GT dipsticks are ridiculously long and are two piece. You should have the first part which is a few inches then another part will be riveted on for the rest of the piece. Hokey looking, but that's how they are.

I just ordered a new dipstick for my oil pan on my 94 GT. I just recently got the car about a week ago. The dipstick that came with car was broke but the guy I got it from showed me the other end saying it was not broke off inside tube. The part number is F4ZZ670A does anyone know if maybe I got the wrong stick and its too long or that I possibly got jewed and the stick is in tube? It is kind of hard to get it in and Im scared reading on stick is not accurate and I may be low on oil. It says add quart, but what if it is broke and its full and Im just getting bad reading? any suggestions on how to know if its broke or another problem? Or maybe how to get it out? Im not mechanical at all, so I dunno what to do... Thanks in advance

Is there a part number on the broken dip stick so you can compare. If you have the broken one including the broken part you could compare the lengths. I'm confused about the reference to the new dip stick being broken or do you mean it just might be shorter than it should be. The tip should have a blunt tapered end.

Blow by means that the piston rings are worn out enough that they're letting air/exhaust leak into the oil pan area, instead of keeping it inside the cylinders. This pressurizes the crankcase and that pressure has to go somewhere. It's a sign that your engine is worn and needs a rebuild soon.

Now, the PCV valve breather and valve itself are intended to reduce the normal pressure in the crankcase. If one or both are plugged, you get pressure buildup.

I recommend you buy a Chilton's manual for the 94-98 Mustang, it will tell you where the PCV valve, related parts and many more things are on your car.

And welcome to StangNet, by the way!

I was just thinking I dont know if it matters or not ,but the broke dipstick wasn't popping out. I still am not sure how to know if there is a broken stick in there?? If I was to take oil pan off would it be in there if it was? My dipstick tube curves a lot otherwise I would try the magnetic stick I have to try and pull it out if there was one. Maybe this is why stick is popping out

Not taking out oil pan too hard for me. Just read it in Haynes manual. I dont know what to. grrr

How long is the broken piece? I wouldn't be too concerned if it was fairly small as it would just lie on the bottom of the oil pan. If you are thinking it's long enough to still in the tube you should be able to pull the tube out of the block to retrieve the broken end.