Disconnecting Seatbelt Chime for 2002 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Here ya go, i got this off of 2kgt.com, worked for me.

Before doing this you must make sure:
Parking brake is set
Gearshift is in Park (for auto) Neutral for Manual
Ignition switch is OFF
All doors are closed
Drivers belt is unbuckled
Parklamps/headlamps are in the OFF position. (Autolamps will not affect the procedure.

1) Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE).
2) Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (App. 1-2min)
a. Steps 3-5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.
3) Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending w/ the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during the Belt Minder warning activation
4) Turn on the parklamps/headlamps, turn off the parklamps/headlamps.
5) Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
a. After step 5 the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.
6) Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
a. This will disable Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.
7) Confirmation of disabling Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds.
8) Confirmation of enabling Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds, followed by three seconds with the safety belt warning light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds again.
9) After receiving confirmation the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

It almost sounds like a Joke has someone really tried this?
The only thing I think I didn't do was get out of the car run around the car 3 times with my underware off and open the fuel door 3 times and fart in it on the 4th time!
ha ha ha

Sure sounds like a joke to me too.

Its not safe to drive around without your seatbelts. There is no better safety feature in your car than the safety belt. Safety bags will not help you like a belt will.

kirkyg

Indiefab said:
You guys with pre-02 mustangs don't understand. These new seatbelt warning chimes are a cross between a banshee and a foghorn. Ford figured out that the more annoying you make a warning alarm, the more someone will pay attention to it. They've done it with a lot of their new cars.

Given the amount of automotive deaths/injuries every year that could have been prevented if seatbeats had been worn, I'd say Ford's taking a step in the right direction (if only to reduce their liability)... :flag:

The procedure isn't a joke. :rolleyes: I used this procedure and it worked like a charm, I wear my seatbelt religiously but if me or someone else is sitting in the car while it's running and without belts, the chime is annoying.

I used to get really frustrated with people who are too cool (oh, and it's uncomfortable too) to wear their seatbelts, but now I've decided that if someone like that wants to die or be maimed from a car accident, I just hope they've done it BEFORE they've had kids and started passing on their 'wisdom'.

:nice:

that sucks for that guy, i dont drive w/o it but when the car is running or just hanging out its annoying.

does anyone else have a problem with the belt comming out of the circle holder thing on the seat. mine comes out like the first or second time after i put it in. that pisses me off

Cool video !

This post was about disabling the dam chime, not about wearing a seat belt.

The CHIME is azznine, if U need it for a reminder U should not drive a car !!

Its all about the government controlling what we can or can not do.

Remember the motorized seat belts??? Another STUPID idea.

I would rather walk.

The bulb and chime will be destroyed this weekend !!!