DIY Blackout panel.. Ditched the plastic. PAINT!

bwahl602

Dec 13, 2008
So ive had the redicuously over-priced plastic blackout panel from AM for a few months. I didnt really like the honeycomb in the panel... and overall just wasnt good enough for me
bought some paint and went to town.. its satin black...

came out awesome... just need to source some new GT and FORD emblems.

heres the plastic one:
blackout-panel-001.jpg

blackout-panel-002.jpg

removed.. got scoffed with a scotch brite pad.. then taped and cleaned withrubbing alcohol
blackout-panel-003.jpg

DONE!!
blackout-panel-006.jpg

back on the car
blackout-panel-007.jpg

blackout-panel-009.jpg

enjoy :)

• Sponsors (?)

ty guys.. ive got the factory hood scoop off now... dont think im gonna paint it... it would look cheezy... but i am gonna pull the honeycomb panel and make it semi functional...

im using the factory intake with silencer gone... anything to keep underhood temps downis good.. and def good for a in-engine compartment intake... i have long tubes going in soon so i wanna make sure it stays cool under there

going to lowes in a min... just need to fab a small metal bracket up for the front edge in the center and i think she will hold

ty guys.. ive got the factory hood scoop off now... dont think im gonna paint it... it would look cheezy... but i am gonna pull the honeycomb panel and make it semi functional...

im using the factory intake with silencer gone... anything to keep underhood temps downis good.. and def good for a in-engine compartment intake... i have long tubes going in soon so i wanna make sure it stays cool under there

going to lowes in a min... just need to fab a small metal bracket up for the front edge in the center and i think she will hold

Paint the hood scoop it won't look cheezy. I did it to mine..

Picture027.jpg

Picture0311.jpg