Do you buy the Road Hazard coverage?

Do you get the Road Hazard Coverage?

• Yes - You never know when you'll need it

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No - I just hope nothing happens, or that a patch can fix it

• No!!! - All types of extended warranties are a rip-off, no matter what the price or coverage!!!

• Total voters

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
Getting new tires tomorrow, so I was just wondering.
Also, what tires are you all running?

I usually get them if it's affordable. $14 coverage on a $130 tire isn't bad.
I do a lot of commuting, and you never know what's out on those interstates. Also, my neighborhood at school is still being built, and the workers don't give a **** about nails or screws getting out on the road.

One of the tires I'm having replaced has two nails in it, but it only has a very slow leak. Funny thing is I'm not getting it replaced under the coverage.
The pair(Falken ZE-512's) has only lasted me about 5,000 miles.:eek: But they have a 30,000-mile warranty, so Sears is just giving me full credit for what I paid for the pair.:nice:
Sucks that they don't sell Kumho Ecsta SPT's, cause that's what I've been running in the rear for a couple months. So I ordered BFG G-Force Sports.

Basically, I'll be paying around $185 for the pair of 245/45/17 BFG's including, mounting, Road Hazard, and an alignment. Sounds good to me!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I work in the Service department at a dealership and we offer it. Most places set it at about 10% the price of the tire. At our dealership we do it for $7 flat. Everywhere is a little different.

If you get a nail they repair it, if you get a blowout they replace it. When your spending that much money on a set of four tires a little bit more seems worth it for a little insurance. At least to me it does.
- Justin