Do you have a V6 sleeper. Whats your setup?

• Sponsors (?)

Mines not a sleeper. Not even close.

So what are you looking for some go fast parts to do to it or what?

If you want it to look like it's no big threat keep the body stock and just put on some stock GT bullit wheels, lower with FRPP c-class springs, T-lok, Gears, aluminum D-shaft, Shifter, clutch, catback exhaust, ported intakes, Ignition... etc. Stuff like that. All around a "sleeper" is classified as something that looks stock or crappy, but at the same time it's fast as ****. So, pretty much just keep it stock looking for the most part and then go to town on the engine.

Any other info needed?

I don't really know if a Mustang could ever be a real sleeper. I suppose a bone stock looking V6(down to the 15x7 wheels) with some real balls would be a surprise, but I don't know about a Sportscar being a sleeper. Usually you think of boxy 4 door cars as being sleepers; like a 5.8 Crown Vic, or even a Marauder with a Supercharger. :shrug:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I don't really know if a Mustang could ever be a real sleeper. I suppose a bone stock looking V6(down to the 15x7 wheels) with some real balls would be a surprise, but I don't know about a Sportscar being a sleeper. Usually you think of boxy 4 door cars as being sleepers; like a 5.8 Crown Vic, or even a Marauder with a Supercharger. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

A Marauder is no were near beaing a sleeper, they hev those big dual exhausts and they sound mean... plus people know there fast.

...Keep it stock looking and then "have 100k$ in your engine and over-nite parts from Japan" :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

mine was a sleeper, it was stock body down to the 15's, but i just recently got a 03 cobra bumper and a cobra r hoods on its way, so my sleeper days are over, but for the most part, specially with those diamand shapped 99 stock wheels i have, its sleeperish

I want to put a catback exhaust, and focus on a super charger (pro charger). I don't know if its wise to buy used or save and save money for new. I just like the Stock look so much! Silly I know. Except I am investing 400 CAD for springs to lower it a bit. I can't stand how high the Mustang sits. :rlaugh: , Thanks for all the advice guys!!!

semperfistang said:
Dude sounds crazy but put the v6 red white and blue pny emblems on the side as well as take off the GT emblem. get a v6 hood and it will go to sleep!

I met a guy at a stop light that did that. You could still tell it was a GT from the sound. He said he just changed the badges cause he liked the pony badges better.

Lex said:
I want to put a catback exhaust, and focus on a super charger (pro charger). I don't know if its wise to buy used or save and save money for new. I just like the Stock look so much! Silly I know. Except I am investing 400 CAD for springs to lower it a bit. I can't stand how high the Mustang sits. :rlaugh: , Thanks for all the advice guys!!!
Don't forget that you'll need supporting mods. Drivetrain, fuel delivery, and a good tune.

Ya I got a big list of the mods I need on my website from StreetStang03. Quite informative. However this will of course come with a big price and have to do some researching what mods I can do piece by piece being my daily driver and all. :)

yeah i've got a sleeper. it sleeps all night and then i wake it up to take my butt to work the next morning :D ! nah!

come to think of it, I thought about going the sleeper aproach, though i doubt it. I'll need a high rise hood and it'll be very loud. I'll just tell people that i tore the muffler off :D and added cold air :rlaugh: and wider tires for "cornering" :lol:

However, I am thinking about staying with the pony emblems, to keep that original "horse" look. Keeping the Modest "i can still :owned: you look"

It is hard to have a Mustang sleeper simply because they are known to be fast. A friend of mine has a very good sleeper IMO. Check it out... what do you think it runs???

783538_22_full.jpg

It is good for 13's! :O Kind of crazy...it is usually unwashed for effect too LOL.

*Before somebody calls BS*
Turbo 3.1, ported heads, cam, blah blah blah should be quicker if he ever gets a good tune in it I think it could turn atleast mid 13's with a good tune if not 12's with a good tune and more boost only running 6psi or so but the motor is good for 12psi atleast!

That's awesome.
I've seen late 80's Volvo station wagons with 350 chevy's and 5.0's crammed under the hood.

My ideal sleeper would be a '91 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with it's 5.8 highly modified, maybe even s/c'd. I just think a big black sedan with dog dish hubcaps would be an awesome car to blow people's doors off with.

I remember when I was little, in my old neighborhood I was playing in the front yard and heard a LOUD big block revving and coming down the road. I thought it was my next door neighbor bringing his Roadrunner back from a drive. But when I looked it was another one of my neighbors cruising around the neighborhood in his '60's Cadillac Hearse. :rlaugh: