Do you still need........

• Sponsors (?)

I believe in order to get away without O2's, you have to turn them off via a chip and tune the car without them. no chip and custom tune then you have to leave them installed and plugged in. if yours is older, then a new set wouldn't be a bad idea.

ponyboy19 said:
I believe in order to get away without O2's, you have to turn them off via a chip and tune the car without them. no chip and custom tune then you have to leave them installed and plugged in. if yours is older, then a new set wouldn't be a bad idea.

I bought a set of BOSCH but I had to return them cause on the passenger side the sensor would not go in. I have a Mac O/R H pipe and since the BOSCH sensors are thicker it would hit right up against the AOD and would'nt let it go in straight. Any ideas on how to make that one fit?

LAZERREDGT said:
I bought a set of BOSCH but I had to return them cause on the passenger side the sensor would not go in. I have a Mac O/R H pipe and since the BOSCH sensors are thicker it would hit right up against the AOD and would'nt let it go in straight. Any ideas on how to make that one fit?

Bosch are the OEM sensors, they should fit if they are the correct ones and the h-pipe is made correctly.

MAC exhaust systems are poor quality and poor fit. I have a MAC cat H pipe on my stang. The cat converters will not clear the rear crossmember when you have a Tremec 3550 or TKO, and I suspect that it would have the same problem with an AOD.

I know what you mean about the Bosh O2 sensors and clearance problems, mine just barely clear the MAC cat H pipe. The previous set I had were pencil thin and had lots of clearance.

jrichker said:
I know what you mean about the Bosh O2 sensors and clearance problems, mine just barely clear the MAC cat H pipe. The previous set I had were pencil thin and had lots of clearance.

Yeah the OEM one are thiner and had no problems with clearence with those. It's just those damn BOSCH ones are thicker! :bang: I called a Ford dealer here in town and those OEM are $88.00 a piece. :notnice: