Does anyone have these markings under their hood? **Pics**

2013 Geee T

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Oak Park, CA
I got my 2003 used from a Ford dealer. Are these markings part of a checklist that they do maybe? I hope it wasnt in an accident...Ill be pissed!

markings.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I have similar markings on top of my fuse panel. (in the engine compartment)
They were there when I bought my car new. No accidents since I bought it.... I think they are just factory markings. Good advice about the carfax check, though.

StangVert00

speed545 said:
I have thoses marks on my 01. It may be different from one car to another depending on the idiot at ford who did the checking on the quality :rlaugh: control

you know, that totally slipped my mind, i didnt even realize they had "people" to do "quality control" :nonono: :rlaugh:

JonJon said:
What's the deal with this arrow? Left of my right exhaust tip.
:nonono:
jonjon04.jpg

They probably put that there in case you forget where your gas cap is (eventhough it's marked on your dash too) ... all you have to do is bend over to see the arrow and you'll know where to fill it.

OR ...

That could be from when they were unloading your car off the truck and missed the ramps and poked through the tank. They probably put a new plastic cover on after they JB-welded the hole in your tank.

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:
That could be from when they were unloading your car off the truck and missed the ramps and poked through the tank. They probably put a new plastic cover on after they JB-welded the hole in your tank.

im pretty sure by law they cant do that, there would be serious legal issues if he got rear ended and his tank exploded, because thats the first thing a defense lawyer would go after..

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:
They probably put that there in case you forget where your gas cap is (eventhough it's marked on your dash too) ... all you have to do is bend over to see the arrow and you'll know where to fill it.

OR ...

:eek: