Does anyone have these UPR white faced gauges?

• Sponsors (?)

No, i dont have thoes ones but i will say gauges are not that hard to do.. they are more "Know How" then hard to do... :rolleyes:
If you need some help you can PM me, when and if you end up getting gauges.. I not sure if i dig them gauges all that much thoe.. IMO...

I have a similar set. Install is very easy. They are overlays i beleive, so you do not touch the needles they slip on over the needles.

I think i had mine installed in 1 hour. I got these on ebay for $25 new :)

View attachment 369951
View attachment 369955

Have the same ones on the wifes gt, very easy to install. as said above, don't have to remove the eedles, just slides over them. Just have to wire into light switch and mount the light controller, piece of cake.

Yeah i'm not a fan of the ones where the letters glow. They throw in a much of misc. lines and circles for no reason.

I like mine because they look like the OEM 03/04 gauges. If i dim them down with the dimmer, i can almost reproduce them exactly. The dimmer can dim them down to basically off, so if they look too bright for you that can be fixed

Yeah i'm not a fan of the ones where the letters glow. They throw in a much of misc. lines and circles for no reason.

I like mine because they look like the OEM 03/04 gauges. If i dim them down with the dimmer, i can almost reproduce them exactly. The dimmer can dim them down to basically off, so if they look too bright for you that can be fixed

yup, trying to find those

i have the el glow from UPR, i had to really open up the holes to keep the needles from sticking and one of the wires is loose so when i hit a bump it goes on and off, i need to sodder it i guess. They were a PITA and if i didn't spend $500 on matching Autometer gauges i would go back to stock :(

I have those exact gauges (except mine are for 99-04). I like them, but I wouldn't pay for them (I got mine for free). They look better than stock (especially during the day), but they don't improve readability IMO.

The turn signal indicators and idiot lights are really, really ugly (they become white, too). I took an Exacto knife to mine and cut that sh** right out. I noticed that on the link you provided to UPR's site, they photoshopped the idiot lights out of the picture.

There's one more thing I think I should mention. If you live in an area with cold winters, the needles will probably stick when the gauge overlay contracts. To fix it, either enlarge the holes that the needles slip through, or back the needles off their posts.

EDIT: For thorough installation instructions, click here.

I used to see the glow gauges ALL THE TIME on ebay, but now its mostly the reverse glows :(

They have like 2 kits on there now, though one for a v6, and the other with a 160 mph speedo :shrug:

its actually really simple to re-set your gauges if you mess them up. just know where your gauges are before you remove the cluster. turn the key to the on positon (just before start up ) and put them it the correct position. takes 10 min tops. hardest part is the gas gauge

I have the UPR set also and I love it :nice:
BLUE
mustang029.jpg

GREEN
mustang027.jpg

OFF
mustang026.jpg

Attachments

• mustang029.jpg
    mustang029.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 61
  • mustang027.jpg
    mustang027.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 80
  • mustang026.jpg
    mustang026.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 73
All I simply want are stock gauges with the white face that are the reverse glow and light up evenly, preferably with its own light source. Not too crazy about glow gauges. At the same time, I DO NOT want to remove the needles, seems like a PITA.

Also, I like 'NORMAL' written on the gauge. I know these are pretty much innaccurate dummy gauges but I use the letters to gage normal conditions and when things are a little high or low by looking where the needle is over which letter. I'm funny that way.

Seems what I want just isn't out there -- unless I buy a Cobra. :D

Mustang5L5: Nice gauges, but is it me or are they a little off towards the right?