Does it pay?

BlackHawkA4

Oct 26, 2004
Long Island, NY
Ok, ive been reading some threads on engine swaps, and how it dosnt pay. But does it pay to mod the 232???? What could you posibbly do? What could you get your 1/4 mile time too? I noticed that after 2nd gear the 232 just stops pulling.... is that changable? what about the head gaskets... they go pretty quick on the 232... anyway to fix that?

• Sponsors (?)

Well... i really wanted the power of a v8. Im really aiming for under 14s 1/4 mile times. I wanted to do a 302 with a superchagrer to get 11 second 1.4 mile times. Budget.. well i dont have a job right now. But summer time ill have a job as town police (12 dollars an hour) and secuirty (10 dollars an hour). So.. thats when i was really going to do some work. As far as money i have right now.. nothing till i sell my other car... prob somewhere arou 1500-2000 $$. But the head gaskets on the 3.8 scare me.. any thing i can do about those?

BlackHawkA4 said:
Is there anyway to top out higher. 1/4 times are awsome when they get low. But i noticed when my car gets to 100 it seems to just die and stop pulling
you dont need to go faster than 75...and in the 1/4 you really dont need to worry about 100+ in a V6 mustang unless you have a lot of money stuck into it. there is a speed limiter at 110mph, but a chip can take care of that (if you really need to go faster than that...)