"Does this dress make me look fat?"

CornerCarvin67

Dec 30, 2004
A common question any man has heard if he is married. :)

No particular relation to a "tech forum"... but nonetheless it served as a title to this particular thread I started. And the reason for this is because I just found out how much my car REALLY weighs. I work across the street from a company that does alot of truck shipping... and well... they weigh things. So at lunch time me and a bud rolled by to see if the coast was clear... and it was. So I rolled it on and we got out.... to our surprise the car clock in at 3010 pounds!! Half tank of gas... and a baby seat to boot.

Maybe this isn't a big revelation to some... but I was surprised. I'd have guessed closer to 3300/3400 lbs.

My car is a 67 Fastback for the record... 289, 8", T5. All steel.

Just thought I'd share.... :)

• Sponsors (?)

CornerCarvin67 said:
A common question any man has heard if he is married. :)

No particular relation to a "tech forum"... but nonetheless it served as a title to this particular thread I started. And the reason for this is because I just found out how much my car REALLY weighs. I work across the street from a company that does alot of truck shipping... and well... they weigh things. So at lunch time me and a bud rolled by to see if the coast was clear... and it was. So I rolled it on and we got out.... to our surprise the car clock in at 3010 pounds!! Half tank of gas... and a baby seat to boot.

Maybe this isn't a big revelation to some... but I was surprised. I'd have guessed closer to 3300/3400 lbs.

My car is a 67 Fastback for the record... 289, 8", T5. All steel.

Just thought I'd share.... :)

The still makes istwice as heavy as my second car ('87 Honda Civic CRX Si) Which had a wet weight of around 1500lbs.

The Department of Motor Vehicle put my car at about 3500 lbs with a jack, toolbox, and full tank of gas.

FMX Transmission, 351 Cleveland motor. I was hoping for more like 3300 lbs with my tools and jack, but oh well.