Don't buy an Xbox360!!

1105 said:
The whole problem lies in Microsoft wanting to get a good headline in the news about their new system. My g/f works at a place that got the 360, they were supposed to get 50 for the first shipment, but Microsoft cut their order back to less than 20. They want the big title "Microsofts new gaming system the XBox 360 sells out on the first day"

Needless to say, the graphics on it arent that great, its ugly as hell (white white????), and its def. not worth the $400. When I play a system, I'll stick with the xbox until the price of the 360 comes down A LOT... even then there better be a big increase in the graphics of the system to make me want to even think about buying one

That's why I'm waiting for the PS3. But if you check out NBA 2k6, you'd be pretty impressed.

View attachment 497052

View attachment 497054

These are all in game graphics.

• Sponsors (?)

1105 said:
The whole problem lies in Microsoft wanting to get a good headline in the news about their new system. My g/f works at a place that got the 360, they were supposed to get 50 for the first shipment, but Microsoft cut their order back to less than 20. They want the big title "Microsofts new gaming system the XBox 360 sells out on the first day"

Needless to say, the graphics on it arent that great, its ugly as hell (white white????), and its def. not worth the $400. When I play a system, I'll stick with the xbox until the price of the 360 comes down A LOT... even then there better be a big increase in the graphics of the system to make me want to even think about buying one

Your nuts man. If you think the graphics arent that great check out a game like Elder scrolls III - Oblivion.. Download the vids.. Absolutely amazing. The first xbox could never even come close to touching these graphics.. Look at the hardware stats alone, the 360 is wayyyyyyyyy more powerful.

Sad thing is that oblivion got delayed until january(was suposed to be out dec 5) which i suppose is good cause i wasnt able to find a 360 for sale.

Well from Call of Duty, new Need for Speed, King Kong, and something else that were all on the demo disk, the graphics were only a little better than the xbox. Even if the graphics were looked real, still not worth $400 just to play some games.

1105 said:
Well from Call of Duty, new Need for Speed, King Kong, and something else that were all on the demo disk, the graphics were only a little better than the xbox. Even if the graphics were looked real, still not worth $400 just to play some games.

To each there own. I probably played halo2 for 20-30 hours a week when it first came out - sometimes more-, for maybe the first 4 or 5 months. I still play it every night, maybe an hour or two a night before bed. I gurantee ive put in 350+ hours this last year. So say the xbox1 cost me 300 and halo2 cost 50, thats 350 bucks for something that has given me 350 hours of enjoyment. WELL worth it to me. I paid 26k for my car and i havent driven it that much this last year. xbox 360 will be the same for me, with games like oblivion, perfect dark and halo3 right around the corner. Basically what im getting at is that not many things in life will give you so MUCH entertainment/enjoyment for so little money. But i LOVE video games, so everyone is different.

As far as graphics go, they are unreal IMO. BUT, its not as big of a jump from say ps1/n64 to xbox. Also think about it.. Rememeber when xbox1 came out with halo1? I was blown away with halo1 graphics. Then halo2 comes around 3 years later and they graphics are NIGHT AND DAY different. What im trying to say is when systems first come out, game developers dont use the system to its full potential. Graphics will only get/look better as developers get more shots at it.

Guess I'm not into games as much as you are :)

I guess I was expecting a really big jump in the graphics with the new system right away, but I know they will get better as time passes. I'm still going to wait until the price goes down, and find one thats black instead of white, or paint it if I ever do get one.

1105 said:

I've played King Kong on the 360 and let me tell you that game surpasses any graphics card for any computer out on the market right now. They are only release titles, they are only scratching the 360s surface. None of it's true potential has been shown yet.

Example: Compare Halo 1 to Halo 2. Same system, totally diff. graphics. Developers need time to play with the hardware.

i agree--although i wouldn't pay the $400, it's worth at least that from a technical/specs stand point. some graphics cards for pc are like $250, and the 20 gig hdd is a laptop hard drive--that's at least another $75 to $100. gaming is not the only thing it does--it's a media center.

i really enjoy my modded xbox1--i waited 'til the prices went way low and i got a modded one for about $200 total. i can save games on the hard drive, movies, music, and/or network it (which is how i use it mainly) w/ my comp and watch downloads.

waiting 'til the price drops is what i'm going to do. although i said i wouldn't pay the $400, i still think it's worth the money.

Wow it's a media center... So is the xbox and PS2, although you cant save music to the PS2 but you can to the xbox so that feature alone isnt that special on the new system since its allready on the others. I know they havent reached its full potential for gaming, but once they start getting better quality games they'll start having cooling issues... It's allready something that is being talked about a lot.

I'd still like to have the system because there are abunch of good games coming out on it, but for as little as I play, totally not worth it.

I've only played halo 2 so I cant compare the graphics of the two games :p

i was one of those losers waiting in line all night. I was at compusa, they only had 6 premium and 4 core systems, and i was 6th in line. I put it up on ebay and im pretty sure itll gonna sell for alot b/c people are desperate. Many of em are selling for 1k+

Ram000 said:
i agree--although i wouldn't pay the $400, it's worth at least that from a technical/specs stand point. some graphics cards for pc are like $250, and the 20 gig hdd is a laptop hard drive--that's at least another $75 to $100. gaming is not the only thing it does--it's a media center.QUOTE]

I wouldnt pay that much either but it is almost worth it b/c it is also a progressive scan dvd player which runs 100-200 (if you already dont have one). But i know it will come down to 200 sooner or later..and i believe an MP3 player also :scratch: :shrug:

WhiteStallionGT said:
I've played King Kong on the 360 and let me tell you that game surpasses any graphics card for any computer out on the market right now.
I gotta disagree, strongly disagree. The top of the line graphics card for a true gaming machine computer will set you back $500 - for the card ALONE. And it will BLOW AWAY even the Xbox 360. For starters, you can stack 2 graphics card on one computer and effectively double the processing - so whatever the xbox does, double it, and that's a starting point for how much better an ultimate gaming computer would do.

sade04 said:
i was one of those losers waiting in line all night. I was at compusa, they only had 6 premium and 4 core systems, and i was 6th in line. I put it up on ebay and im pretty sure itll gonna sell for alot b/c people are desperate. Many of em are selling for 1k+
My advice is - sell it quick, REAL quick. I am betting that the initial shortages are trumped up by Microsoft. They dramatically cut back their early delivery schedules with retailers - and not because they don't have the machines stockpiled. They did it because they want to create hype by the shortages (oh no one has it, it must be the "it" toy this Christmas!!!). Don't buy it. Over the next few weeks - and well before Christmas - Microsoft will FLOOD the stores with units. They NEED to win this round of the game machines. And the only way they can hope to do that is to sell every last machine possible BEFORE Christmas. After, attention will die off, and people will start holding out for the PS3.

Nah, right now the 360 surpasses any gaming comp. It's graphics card is twice as powerful as the most powerful one out there currently. In a year however, gaming comps will catch up.

During 360s press conference the developers stated that it was twice as powerful as the The BFG - GeForce 6800 Ultra OC Graphics Card which is currently the most powerful card out there right now. The 360 has an SLI which allows it to have 2 of the same video cards, which means it can utilize 2 graphics cards at the same time.

I know computers are very powerful right now and they can produce amazing graphics. But trust me, the games showcased right now are nowhere close to the 360s potential. You are definitely underestimating the next generation and I mean that in the kindest way, lol.

WhiteStallionGT said:
During 360s press conference the developers stated that it was twice as powerful as the The BFG - GeForce 6800 Ultra OC Graphics Card which is currently the most powerful card out there right now. The 360 has an SLI which allows it to have 2 of the same video cards, which means it can utilize 2 graphics cards at the same time.
I'm not underestimating, I'm just looking at the facts. Maybe the 6800 Ultra was the fastest processor when the developers made that statement, but it isn't now. Look again and you will see that the graphics leaders are well beyond the 6800 now. And they continue to march on - ever newer and more powerful chips. It won't be a year, computers have already been able to "catch up" and then some.

I have no doubt that the Xbox 360 will be leaps and bounds over the original, or the PS2. Big deal. The technology has been around to do that for years (and it's been cheap to do so for a like amount of time).

It's really quite simple. If you want cutting edge gaming power you build a desktop. If you want convenience and don't mind leaving gobs of power on the table, then you go with a console. I'm not criticizing either, both have their place.

There is a big Xbox 360 thread in the day care center section that I started. It was actually 3 threads but it got condenced into one thread by a Mod :mad: :mad:

But there is lots of info in there.

Personally I could care less about the 360, Im just waiting for the PS3 to come out.