don't know what k-member to buy!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm a MM nutswinger myself. After holding some MM parts in my hand and seeing the heft and quality of the part, I won't put anything else on my car. Their K-member is one nice beefy peice.

i agree totally, hence the reason why i have MM on my car not grantelli, but some dont care about quality and only look at price

I agree with this, but read the original post, he is building a street/strip car. A UPR or Team Z is the realistic thing to buy here, why would you spend double the money for something thats will do the same job and is heavier? I have MM products on my car, I also have a complete UPR front suspension, BOTH ARE GREAT QUALITY PRODUCTS, both do what thier supposed to do, The welds on my UPR stuff look just as good as the welds on my maximum motorspors control arms.

whatever k-member you choose, get hooks for strapping the car. Both UPR and TeamZ offer this as an option.

Hey there Mike like you mentioned
For a stock-ride and decent all around performance, a spring rate of 250# with a 12" length would work well. If it were me, I'd buy an extra set of 175#ers in a 14" length for weekends at the dragstrip. They're not expensive, and really easy to change on a coilover setup.

I am buying a Kmember kit from you guys and wanted some advice on the Spring Rate,Struts and the Rear shocks. Firstly this is what i had in mind.

1-2005-79K / 79-93 Mustang Chrome Moly K Member Kit (With the Bumpsteer Kit & Caster Camber Plates)

2-79-93 Mustang QA1 Adjustable Strut - QA1-H2001 (Up Front)

3-79-04 Mustang Lakewood 50/50 Drag Shock - LK-40301 (Out Back)

I am running 400 RWHP from my 306 SBF with a Procharger in the engine bay. The car is a prety Much stock 5 Spd 1989 Mustang. I will be running slicks and this car is mostly Drag Race. Just want to drive it to the tracks (about 3 Miles each way). Can you advise me on this -Spring Rates up front/want to use stock springs in rear if thats ok and the Struts and shocks.

Thanks Matt

K-member

The AJE k-member will fit 79-04 and mount any engine using the AJE engine mounts! It can be used with factory style springs and a-arms or a coilover kt. It comes with the a-arm mounting hardware, rack bushings and rack mounting hardware. It has 2.5" per side more header room than a factory k-member and only weighs 22 lbs.

im going with a UPR... ive seen enough people put cars on the bumper and slam them back into the track for me to know they are well made.. we dont have a big pot hole issue around here so im not worried about that

as for coil overs... i have QA1's

well i went with UPR k-member kit and rear coil over kit. also got the lakewood drag struts and shocks along with the cc plates. everything looks like very nice. was just what i was looking for in quality without spending a ton more money. i would recommend this company. easy to deal with, friendly, and good prices. also answered any questions i had with the products.

I don't think you went the wrong way. The best part will really be the wonders of the coil-over which not only makes spring choice a real option, but you can fine tune the ride hight easily. Most regular springs are set and will not let the car sit perfect unless you cut or heat, which alters the spring, while a coil over you can really fine tune, and I'll tell you that a little goes a long way when it comes to handling and driveability.

Don't even consider and AJE, i'm not going into details, but their reasons for mine being a POS is that it's an older one.
So what, you screwed it up, give me another.
Got it from jegs a few years back. These projects don't happen overnight so i'm past the year you can return stuff.
They did make an effort to replace the pedestals to cure the problem, too bad it took 2 weeks to do what a chassis shop could do in 30 minutes. Oh, and their fix created other problems, includind issues with the new parts they sent me themselves.

I've seen problems with the rest of them too.
IMO, get the griggs or MM or don't bother.
Had my project not required a k member, i would not use an aftermarket one at all.

2000xp8, may i ask what project you had that required a aftermarket k-member? not being a jerk, but it looks like a stock style setup,nothing wild like twin turbo's or a big block.

2000xp8, may i ask what project you had that required a aftermarket k-member? not being a jerk, but it looks like a stock style setup,nothing wild like twin turbo's or a big block.

4.6 dohc SC out of an 03 cobra.
It's already in, now just wiring is left. The pics on my page are a good 3 years old.