door handle help

TWR3

Nov 29, 2007
Gloucester, VA
hey guys i know im prolly overlooking a past thread about this but i cant find one, although i know mustangs are famous for theyre bad handles. ok so its snowed alot here the last few days, i went out to get something out my car, and when i tried to open the door nothing happened. the handle goes all the way up and even a little farther, but inside its not pulling the hinge it feels like nothing. now i know i need to take the door panel off and take a peek in but im sure somebody out there knows what it is andcan tell me specifically what to look for when i do it. i figured maybe since my door was frozen shut it strained something too much when i tried to open it, idk. thanks in advance :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Look underneath the handle outside the car. The linkage may be broken. That's what happened to mine. It's just a plastic clip. Buy a new door handle (or a pair to match) and rivet them in if that's the case.

yea, your handle probably broke on the inside or came loose from the linkage. take off your interior panel and you should be able to see what the malfunction is.
either way it is probably time for new handles.

sounds like a broken plastic handle. i've replaced 3 handles now..... they don't like canadian winters. make sure you get the metal replacement handles. i think i got mine for about $20 from 50resto, and it came with the large rivets you need. i went and bought one of those big ass rivet guns, used it, then returned it the same day. it's a pretty easy fix.