Door sill

FASTANG97

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
Jersey Shore
Im in the process of putting my interior back together on my 89... now im trying to put the door sills back on but i cant figure it out. theres screw holes on the lastic piece but no where for the screws to screw into whats going on here am i missing a piece? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

If you roll the carpet back that the sill plate covers you will see little slotted slits in the metal at the floor line, and more than likely a round hole in the slits where the screws once were. That's what you’re attaching the screws too.
Also do you have the left side on the left side and right side on the right side? Or front to rear orientated in the right direction? Just asking, nothing intended.

Lift up the carpet and look for small slits in the metal that are there for the screws to go into. You may find it easier to put the screws through the sill and carpet first, then look underneath and start them in the right spot. Start each one before you snug any of them up at all. Just get them all started a little, then snug them up.

I believe ALMOSTSTOCK is correct about the left and right side being different. Just make sure you don't tightem the down too hard because they can crack (speaking from experience here :bang: ) Luckily the junkyard had a good one. Power screwdrivers can be dangerous :rolleyes: