Driveablity Isnt My Thing...

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
ok i can make power for days... making them drive around town good just isnt my thing. lol

driving a long around 2000RPM it starts to hang at that RPM where i can let off the gas and it will drive it self kinda like cruise control. when i push in the clutch it stays around 2000rpm and hangs there for a bit then starts to creep up. if i wack the gas real quick it will drop to 800rpm for a bit then start dropping down around 500rpm where it wants to stall. ive check for vac leaks at the few caps and lines i have. im going check tonight with carb cleaner and do a factory idle reset also to make sure thats right...

any other suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

If your car is EFI, do the checklist...The answer is in there...

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 125,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.